Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Best" Chili in Every State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Best" Chili in Every State

Because who doesn't love a list, or at least loves to argue over a list? I have to say though, the Indiana entry, while it sounds good, looks more like breast fed baby 💩🤢🤮than chili.
    The Best Chili in Every State — Eat This Not That

Although I get to Burbank from time to time I haven't stumbled upon Chili John's. Even still, I'm pretty sure there's something better either north toward Santa Maria or south toward San Diego. Or even just not in Burbank at all and somewhere else in California. But that's just me . . .

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure there is always something better somewhere else, but Chili John's is pretty good. I've eaten there a couple times. Tough to find it when it is open though. As I remember, and that may have changed, their hours were odd.

• latenight71
      latenight71 commented
      Editing a comment
      @TripleB
      I'll find Chili Johns next time i get to Burbank and I'll try it. i like chili and there is always something better out there so maybe this will turn out to be the best!

Great timing! Some retired friends and I get together once a month for lunch and it's my turn to pick. I think I'll pick The VA winner 'cause we all like Q and they serve alcohol - win win!

Comment

pkadare that Indiana "chili" shown in the article is from a Cajun restauant near where I live.. I guess they had to show some tasty ettoufe because Hoosier chili is usually tomato soup with hamburger and beans with macaroni and no more than 1/8th of a tsp of McCormick chili powder added to the pot so as not to offend anyone.

Skyline Chili comes out of Cincy and has several locations in Indiana. I would say that's closer to being the best chili in Indiana. Yat's has really good Cajun food, but I don't see how ettoufe is chili either.

Comment

The batch that comes out of my kitchen for Minnesota. The End

Comment

Mine! Yup, Wisconsin’s Best!

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting that you bring them up. Not bein from here I tried them twice. I do not see what anybody in this town sees in the places. Yeah ther is two of em. Don’t know why.

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            willxfmr , speakin of Fond du Lac, had a Gilles burger this summer. They are not the Gilles in Milwaukee. That would drive me to McD’s easily.
            Last edited by FireMan; October 24, 2021, 06:51 AM.

• willxfmr
            willxfmr commented
            Editing a comment
            FireMan You're right about the food at Gilles. The custard is good, but the food not so much.

Now I want some chili, chili fries, chili spaghetti, chili mac, cjili dog, it is all good and those pics made me hungry.

Comment

I like chili but I have never felt the need to order it in a restaurant. It is just something that has struck me as so personal that it’s really like I only like the chili I make for myself. And some of these pics seem to confirm that call is right. Chili is a wierd one for me.

Indiana 🤮

But it also reminds me that ecowper ‘s chili is still on my to-do list.
            Last edited by STEbbq; October 23, 2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Outstandin...

DILLIGAFF???

Comment

Not even gonna read it, I'll just get pissed and spend the rest of the day hotter than a hornet.

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We already know the answer

Is Maryland okay? I can sorta handle the chili-over-fries, but spaghetti noodles?

Comment

Not a true chili but very good sandwiches.
                  The chili cheese fries are awesome.
                  https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/f0f...=1633552135602
                  I am surprised that they aren't mentioned more often.

Comment

NuWay has also been a favorite of our family since the '70s.
                    The chili there is VERY good.

We eat there whenever possible as it was a family business going since 1930.
                    The root beer is very unique.
                    Last edited by Debra; October 24, 2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Before I was the Troutman and just a wet behind the ears lad of 25, I moved to the great State of Texas not knowing what to expect. After coming here, there were two things I was quickly indoctrinated into; barbecue and chili (well Lone Star beer if you want to count that too). If asked, I’m sure most folks would say that

Comment

• tbob4
                        tbob4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the link again!

There is no way to rate restaurant chili objectively. Heck, nobody on this site agrees. At least we all argue with laughter. I would imagine that Texas chili recipes are as polarizing as Carolina BBQ sauces. With that said, I was pleasantly surprised to see The Pit Room in Texas rated in this. My son was living in Galveston for a few years and his wife is from Houston. He gave the place high marks a couple of years back. He is in Kissimmee right now but will likely be back in the Houston area next year.

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_3002.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t3.34 MB ID:\t290609","data-align":"none","d

Comment

• Troutman
                        Troutman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I worked about 3 miles from the Pit Room, did lunch there many times. Awesome tacos. Surprisingly they don’t even get a mention in the Tx Mon Top 100. They were a hot spot a few years back, not sure how they missed out this time.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here