Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston - The Pit Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston - The Pit Room

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.34 MB ID:	290609
    My son and his fiancé just called me to tell me about The Pit Room in Houston, Texas. She is a native of Texas - he's a transplant. He has been all over though and considers himself both a "foodie' and a good judge of BBQ. He gave the restaurant a 7 out of 10 with a caveat. He ordered the three meat meal PLUS a pulled pork sandwich. He's supposed to be losing weight for his wedding. If he is eating like this, it's not happening. His review of the brisket - 9 out of 10. He said it was moist, flavorful, had good bark and was not overly fatty. He really enjoyed the pulled pork. He gave it a 9 out of 10. That is a a compliment. He is REALLY picky about pulled pork. Too picky, sometimes. I rarely get a 9 out of 10 from him and he will call me from time to time to tell me about some place he just dropped into in the South where he "just ate a 10". The overall rating dropped only because he was disappointed in the sausage. He gave it a 4 or 5 out of 10. It was a jalapeño/cheese sausage and he said it lacked flavor and was dry. He said it needed sauce. Speaking of sauces - he is really picky about sauces. He typically likes BBQ lightly sauced, if at all. He gave their sauces a 9 out of 10. He said they were a bit thicker, had a little kick and complimented the food. He said the sides were good - nothing to write home about but they also seemed like someone paid attention to them instead of just putting them out to supplement the meal.
    Last edited by tbob4; March 17, 2017, 07:22 PM.

Raised him right, eh? ;-)

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Almost - I should be getting a 10 from him on my pulled pork but he says I'm just not there yet. I told him about my new pastrami recipe thanks to you all. I told him it's the best pastrami he will ever have. Instead of saying "Sounds great, dad" he said, "I'll be the judge of that" Hahahaha.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Miss you Big Ed!

Our sons seem to have an analytical / curator bent in common.

Comment

Doesn't he realize they do everything bigger in Texas. Hey doesn't that dude, with out the beard, kinda look like Billy Gibbons. Ha

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahahaha! I'm telling him about his look-alike. His nickname has always been "Bubba". He's been in Texas for a couple of years so he knows about portions. His infamous line is "I wish I got fat like you dad, in the stomach, instead of like mom, all over." No points won on that one.

Oh, I'm not gonna go any further with that one.
      I was talking about that emoji looking like B.G.
      I do like that pic though. Kinda looks like he's overwhelmed with what's in front of him. Very cool.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7852.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	304659Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7853.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.46 MB ID:	304660

Update on the Pit Room in Houston. My boy went there again because he loved the Brisket and Pulled Pork the first time around. He was not the biggest fan of the jalapeño and cheddar sausage. This time he switched out and got the Venison sausage. Said he loved it. Chicken left a little to be desired, he said. So right now he has upped his rating. The Brisket and Pulled Pork are still at the top of his rating scale. The Venison sausage is, as well. The chicken could use a little something but he is not one to give high marks and I trust his taste buds. If you are in Houston I think this is a pretty fair assessment and a good place to check out. The fact he went back means he is a fan.
        Last edited by tbob4; April 13, 2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Spinaker. I don't know how to take his reviews based the following: My chicken is better, my sausage is better, my brisket is on par but pulled pork - they win. Come on! Nobody should beat me in any category. No "on par". No "they win" reviews. I raised him to say I win in everything!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha. Honestly its better than someone telling you how great it is when it isn't.......... But, yes, he should always say, "You win, Dad." Looks like you guys had a great time.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker - I wasn't with him. Him and his fiancé. His goal is to find a BBQ place to take me some day that he thinks can "represent".

Great Son!
        Today is my Son, Jesse's 34th birthday!!!😀
        Ever feel old???😗

Comment

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Easter to all!

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones - my son is visiting today and he hadn't seen how famous I made him! I showed him the post with the photos and he has a big smile on his face.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4 That's jus Great, amigo!

Let's git him joined up, eh?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0065.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	315769
        Per my son, the rating at The Pit Room in Houston has raised, again. Despite his first sausage disappointment - with all else being a high score - he keeps going back. Today he ate the 1lb beef rib and his face tells the story. I see there is more in the middle. He just tested "1 lb beef rib. Delicious!" So I guess if you are in Houston and you want good BBQ you have a critic who has tried everything on the menu and gives it the big thumb up!

Comment

That looks killer TBob. To bad you didn't get to indulge, yourself.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here