Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did a private company event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a private company event

I had a fun task today. I was employed to teach a small company bbq. They were 7-8 people, and requested a 5 hour session, with specific requirements to do more vegetarian dishes and desserts. That sounded like a fun challenge, so I made plans, and bought all the food. In short, we went through a lot of theory, but just as much practice by the grills. This time I had 5 Napoleon kettle grills at my disposal.

So this is what went down today.

11:00 Fire up the grills. I was using Cuba charcoal (from the Marabu tree). Seriously good stuff. Each grill had an SnS. We smoked with both oak wood chunks and cherry wood chunks. I wanted them to see, smell and taste the diffeence.

First out: picanha. They smoked two, I showed them how to sear it (at the end), and served it with liberal amounts of freshly squeezed lime juice and sea salt. Very good. Very good indeed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	picanha.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	734121

Second meat: Wagyu. Yes, real Japanese, expensive as hell Wagyu. I showed them how to smoke it hard with cherry wood, and then reverse sear it. We had an 800 gram (28 oz) steak, and gobbled it down pretty quickly. No leftovers there.

Name:	wagyu-2.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	734122

Name:	wagyu-1.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	734119

First veg: grilled and smoked cauliflower. I had them mix up olive oil with lemon zest, and covered the cauliflower with it. Smoked it with oak, and sprinkled a lot of pecorino cheese on top for the last 15 minutes. Delicious!

Name:	cauliflower.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	734120

to be continued...

Second veg: Grilled romaine lettuce. Hot n fast with some oil and salt. Then served with blue cheese sprinkled all over, chopped roasted walnuts and some balsamico vinegar creme. Real tasty.

Click image for larger version  Name:	romaine_lettuce.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	734128

Third veg: Grilled portabello stuffed with red pesto, mozarella and roasted pine kernels. Served on a tray with rocket salad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	portabello-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	734127

First dessert: smoked caramel sauce, served with ice cream. Dang, that's a winner every time!

Click image for larger version  Name:	caramel_sauce.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	734125

Second dessert: grilled blueberry stuffed peaches, with a crumble on top. Also real good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	peach_blueberry.jpg Views:	1 Size:	888.8 KB ID:	734124

All in all, a great day. They were very happy with the cook and the schedule. So was I. Now I'm gonna pop open a cold beer and relax. Hank - over and out!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
      Sweaty Paul commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I’m hungry and actively drooling

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes me want to book a flight to Sweden! And I thought it was all about Lefse, Kumla and Lutafisk (or is that Norwegian? Close enough? I'm married to a descendant: ⅞ Norwegian, ⅛ Swedish, and I think ¼ Sami....how much does that add up to?)
      Daniel

Wow everything looks amazing!

Comment

You da MAN!! Great job. Wish I was there.

Comment

Wow! Great job Henrik!!

Comment

Simply glorious and very professional

Comment

That looks and sounds Fantastic!!!

Comment

Amazing. Looks so good even I would be tempted to eat a vegetable. 🤣

Comment

I raise a glass to you my friend for another great cook. 🍻

Comment

How cool is that? Way cool that is!!! Those students were lucky to have you!

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Awesome! Where did you get those grill grates?

Comment

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They come standard with the Napoleon as I understand it. Three parts, so you can remove the left, right or middle section. Convenient. And the grill grates has two positions, so you can position it an inch higher or lower.

You and Ahumadora should get together !!!!!
                      Looks outstanding !

Comment

• Ahumadora
                        Ahumadora commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Brazil 2020.

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's the plan in 2020!

It all looks top notch.
                      The grilled romaine is really intriguing, that's been added to my bucket list.
                      Great job

Comment

• IowaGirl
                        IowaGirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree! The cauliflower looks awfully tasty to me too. I doubt I'll get my Mister to eat cauliflower willingly, but I'm fairly sure he would try the grilled romaine.

WELL DONE, Henrik!

I agree it all looks delicious and the lettuce dish is going to be attempted. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here