Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs and Brisket Class - Grill Billie’s BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and Brisket Class - Grill Billie’s BBQ

​ Saturday my dad and I attended Ribs and Brisket classes at Grill-Billie’s BBQ in Wendell N.C. These were two awesome classes that teach you how to select, trim, season, cook and serve both meats. In the Ribs class you and a partner trim and season a rack of ribs and each person gets to take home 1/2 rack of prepped ribs.

The ribs class was in the morning and you are feed a rib lunch, the brisket class was in the afternoon and you are fed a brisket dinner...

I have cooked several racks of ribs and this class is taking my rib game to a new level...I have not cooked a brisket yet but have an 11 pounder in the freezer...

We both learned a lot in both classes.

I cooked the prepped rack of ribs using the techniques taught in the class and they are the best ribs I have cooked so far...

Here are a couple of pics from the class and the last two pics are the ribs I cooked tonight...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0426.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	555992Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0427.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	555993Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0430.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	555994Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0431.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	555995
    Last edited by clb239; August 26, 2018, 07:50 PM.

Sounds like a good day.

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was definitely a great day...they do various classes on a regular basis...I asked about a whole hog class and they said they haven’t done one this year but are thinking about doing one in the spring...already planning to attend that one since that is on the bucket list to cook...

How much was the class?

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Winter / early spring 2019 classes are posted now on their website...Both classes together are $141. The Robs is $71 and Brisket is $90.

When we went they were running a discounted price so I do not remember what the cost was.

Here is the link to the current class schedule -

• TDuckro
      TDuckro commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't help but think that's an amazing price for the classes. I've taken knife skills classes for a little over $100. Good deal.

Thanks for the information. I am going to look into attending the class.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here