Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I won the BBQ Lottery! [NC State BBQ Camp]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won the BBQ Lottery! [NC State BBQ Camp]

In 2018, I was in another stinkin' gift shop with my wife. I happened to be wearing my North Carolina BBQ Pig hat (love that hat) and there was another bored chap in the gift shop with his wife. He saw my hat and we immediately started talking BBQ. I could tell very quickly he knew BBQ. He told me about this BBQ Camp that he went to at NC State (in Raleigh, NC). He said it was awesome, but I would need to sign up and hope I win the lottery/drawing. Well, I didn't win the lottery in 2018 (for the 2019 BBQ Camp) and 2020 and 2021 was cancelled anyway due to COVID.

I never forgot about BBQ Camp, but it was certainly out of my mind. I got an email the other day that my name was SELECTED for the 2022 BBQ Camp in June!! I was so excited, paid the money and I now have a spot. I waited 5 years!

Here is more about the camp back in 2017: https://cals.ncsu.edu/news/nc-state-...o-consumption/

This year, my name was 1 of 34 names selected out of 247 applicants... so I feel like I won the BBQ Lottery!

Now if I could just win the Pitmaster Monthly Giveaway...

Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun!

Comment

Congrats! Looks like a fun class!

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        What hat are you planning to wear?

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve already thought of my wardrobe. Definitely going to wear that NC BBQ hat!!

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Although the 🔥 foam hat would be fun… maaaaybe a touch too much?? 😃

That looks like an awesome time! Would love to learn how to do a whole hog like that. I have read books about it but seeing it in person would be a whole different level.

Comment

iSeesome! BBQ & Camp go well together!

Comment

Sounds fun!

Comment

Sweet! I attended 4 years ago for an early 50th birthday present. I had a ton of fun, and learned a lot (including that this site existed!)

Comment

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice!! I can’t wait!!

Wow! I think I'll put my name on the waiting list. That looks great. Have fun.

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations! I keep waiting for my one lottery win in a lifetime. I keep hoping for a win in the Pit Give Away or the Powerball. But, since I never buy a lottery ticket, I’ll settle for the Pit Give Away. LOL

Comment

Truth told, I’d rather win the class. When there were classes available as a Giveaway, that’s what I would have picked had I won.

Comment

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s not a bad prize idea

sounds like a great time cookin' and learnin'

Comment

Congrats and don't forget to wear your flame hat.

Comment

• scottranda
                      scottranda commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wear the 🔥 hat and sit front row?

Great score, nice way to be able to hone your Q skills.

Comment

looks pretty sweet, just up the road from me too...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here