Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoprite rib roast sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoprite rib roast sale.

Not sure how far their geographic reach is, but shoprite is having their twice a year sale 12/17 and 12/18 on rib roasts. The butcher was happy to give me a cryovac 7-bone CAB last Easter and it was indeed "1-PKG" for the sale.

Check your local stores. That's cheaper than Reg price top round. Stock up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	37DAE37D-4C2D-4615-BF02-C0DF834A1A21.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	8.49 MB ID:	1140955
    Last edited by gboss; December 11, 2021, 10:09 PM. Reason: Edit: added sale dates in text.

Ooh. I have several Shop Rites around me. Will need to check them out.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Go to each one and stock up

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      58limited I did just clear out my deep freezer. Sooooo

Cripes I would be all over that.

Comment

Great deal. Prime 1 bone-in at my HEB is $20.98/lb

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch....

Great price, how full is your freezer? $20+ here.

Comment

Commenting on this to bring it back to the top of recent posts in case someone didn't see it before.

Sale starts tomorrow.

Somehow, I had mixed up the dates in my head. I thought it started today. Used my lunch break to go. Coworker who goes to a store closer to the office (I went to the one near my home) and tells me the sale starts tomorrow. Just as I'm pulling into the parking lot.

Tomorrow. Friday and Saturday. To the top.

Comment

Went during my lunch hour. 7 bone, 20.28lbs, CAB, $117.42. Coke zero for the minimum purchase.

See ya'll in the spring 😁
          Attached Files

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you need the coupon? If so how and where did you get it?

• gboss
            gboss commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve B you need the digital coupon loaded on your "data/PI mining club" card.

If you have a price plus card but not the app, they can load the digital coupon to your account at customer service.

Make sure to post a photo of what you end up with!
            Last edited by gboss; December 17, 2021, 03:30 PM.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn Shoprite butchers. They left right before I got to the store. Will give another try tomorrow.

I haven't been to a ShopRite...well,, since I lived in NJ.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment

Thanks for the heads up on this. I went first thing this morning. Grabbed a 4 rib bone in CAB just under 12lbs for $76!

Comment

gboss Got one. 16lber. I helped the butcher a while back with his car so he gave me a CAB for price of the regular choice price. Total win win. 👍
            And picked up a chicken for tomorrow nights dinner. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1144256 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	1144255
            Last edited by Steve B; December 18, 2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Got one! 7 ribs, 22.5 lbs, in cryovac for $89. They were out of CAB so went with choice.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	EED05EF3-0997-4FF6-8154-67A10AE0C792.jpeg
Views:	980
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1144403

Comment

Holy CARP you guys are lucky!

I went to a couple local stores yesterday, saw one boneless in the case at $15.99/lb, passed. Went to Wally World, they had some fairly sad-looking boneless for $12.98/lb and some halfway decent bone-in for $11.98/lb. I picked up a 7+ lb'er and carried it around for a while before putting it back and just getting a fair-looking chuck for today - gonna do Mississippi pot roast. But I'm still thinking hard I need to go back and get that $80+ rib roast to do on Christmas. <sigh> Just burns me to pay that much for Walmart quality meat. <sigh>

Comment

Just broke mine down. Gonna be eating good for a while. Click image for larger version

Name:	7901CD18-E1A3-40A4-8A7D-3E0ED1797ADF.jpeg
Views:	955
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1144707

Comment

I picked up an Angus rib roast from my local Harris Teeter today for $8.99/lb. I plan to serve it New Year's Day. Should I freeze and thaw it or let it ride in the fridge?

Comment

• Steve B
                      Steve B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think if it’s still cryovac sealed you should be fine until New Years

It is just plastic wrap on a styrofoam tray.

Comment

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would trust it in the fridge. That said, my wife would want me to freeze it for a couple of days and we would argue. If the "sell by" date takes me to within 5 days of the cook date, she is OK with it.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here