Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We now have a dedicated Slow 'N Sear Insert (SnS) sub-channel - PLUS click for a fun history lesson on the SnS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We now have a dedicated Slow 'N Sear Insert (SnS) sub-channel - PLUS click for a fun history lesson on the SnS

Formerly mixed in with the Accessories > Kettle Accessories topics, now SnS-specific topics have their own dedicated home, here in this new main Slow 'N Sear Insert (SnS) channel. Please place any talk about the SnS Insert here. Please note, the SnS Kamado and SnS Kettle channels are still in their respective place in the Cookers > Charcoal channels. This is onyl for specifc topics related to the SnS device, its function/pros/cons/ etc.

As a side note please check out this sticky post here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...he-slow-n-sear

It is a very old topic chronicling the birth of what just might be the single best charcoal kettle add-on accessory ever, the Slow 'N Sear.

As you'll notice from reading through the first (earliest) pages, what is now SnSGrills.com was formerly known as ABCBarbecue.com. Notice the old logos and such!

The SnS was at first simply the insert, and as you likely know has evolved and expanded into 3 great cookers and many other nifty tools. Dave Parrish (former Pit Boss here) is the owner of SnSGrills.com. I worked together with Dave since before day 1 to get the SnS to go from an idea in my own head to a tangible, functional and beloved device. Dave did the heavy lifting to get it there, and he did it well.

I thought this would be a fun trip down memory lane for many of you who were around in its early days, and a fun life story (sort of) for those of you who weren't aroudn then and didn't know about all the fun.

Enjoy!

Huskee very cool ...... are you going to have separate sub-cats for the Kettle and Kamado?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      They have them currently, in the main "Grills, Smokers, Other Cookers, Outdoor Kitchens" channel, then
      under Charcoal Grills and Charcoal Kamados, respectively.

Hey., I was around, I think, I’ll have to check. I do know I went out & bought the smokenator & a short time later the SnS came out. From all the write ups & raves about the SnS, I was bummed. It took a bit but got one & never looked back, and now I have a kettle, yessir. The smokenator is somewhere in my garage. Cool fer the sub-channel!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here