Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spider Grills launching a Kettle cart for the 26"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Ok, I’m going to purchase it. Don’t be surprised if I call on y’all for assistance.

    Comment


    • Lynn Dollar
      Lynn Dollar commented
      Editing a comment
      The legs themselves are simple, just altering the vent ring is the only thing halfway difficult. You will like how it rolls with little effort. I also like the storage underneath.

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright!! All you will need are some good tin snips!

    #32
    If you have time, I wouldn’t mind a couple snapshots for guidance.

    Comment


    • Lynn Dollar
      Lynn Dollar commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do. The only reason I failed on the vent ring, is I used my angle grinder. And that was maybe similar to trying to kill a fly with a sledge hammer. It was just way too much tool. @Barefly has it right with the tin snips.

      I ended up buying a vent ring from Spider Grills for $44 and I don't think they stock them any more.

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll send you a few pics of the cuts I made. The vent ring was the easiest part of the entire process. It was all fairly easy though! You are gonna love this upgrade!

    #33
    Here's the Spider Grills vent ring , which they say is sold out

    Required for 22" Kettle Cart installs without a Venom® Controller. Seals the intake pathway on Weber® Original Kettle Premium 22" and Master-Touch™ 22" for proper draft control. Not a replacement for the Venom — a substitute when one isn't installed. Vent ring for the 22" Kettle Cart on Weber Original Kettle Premium 22


    Comment


      #34
      This is from the Kettleheads Facebook Group , its a badass beauty

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Stars and Stripes.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1887368

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy Stars and Stripes, Batman!

      #35
      FWIW, I recently saw a YT video on a guy installing the cart on his 26" Weber Kettle and he said it was much easier than installing one on his 22'" Kettle. He then put the kettles side by side. They look great and the 26" is a beast compared to the 22".. He did upgrade to a larger caster.



      As always, YMMV.
      Last edited by Purc; September 20, 2026, 05:48 AM.

      Comment


      • Lynn Dollar
        Lynn Dollar commented
        Editing a comment
        My 26 was easier, cause the vent ring didn't get in the way.

      • Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        Argh............drilling out the factory threads to install larger casters isn't necessary. A person just needs to spend a few minutes shopping for the same thread size as original as there are casters with a wide range of choices. One of the issues with the web, faulty info perpetuates...

      • Lynn Dollar
        Lynn Dollar commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not put the Lift Kit on the 26, the legs don't change the height.

        But I did add them to the 22. The legs will lower the 22 a few inches. And then Weber gave us Smart Rings which raises the cooking grate 4" and I no longer needed the lift kit. And really, I don't think I needed it to begin with.

        I saw no need for the larger casters. That was a Tom Horsman mod, he drilled his out to fit, also

        Video shows how easy these Kettles roll with the Legs.

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7