Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow 'N Sear has taken the next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done! I advise you to start going into production overdrive

Congrats on taking this step!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr ROK View Post
      Done! I advise you to start going into production overdrive

Congrats on taking this step!
      Thanks! Fingers crossed we need to make overdrive happen.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        David Parrish ...

You never know until you see the orders but... My gut tells me you've got a winner here.

It's better to be a little over sold before you beef up inventory and production.

Patience is a virtue but... He who hesitates loses!

It's hard to know when to pull the trigger.😎

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Breadhead I agree. I haven't cooked on my Mak 2 Star or my Hasty Baek 256 Gourmet in over 6 months because the Slow 'N Sear pretty much meets or beats the results I've gotten on either. That's saying a lot when you compare the cost of each setup.

As far as pulling the trigger, we have a lot of inventory and our manufacturer can handle a whole lot of demand, so I'm not worried about that

David Parrish ...

You Da Man!

Sounds like you have a handle on ramping up to meet the anticipated demand.

I've read about your background and figured you could handle this entrepreneurial endeavor. Fast growth is as much of a reason for failure as lack of sales. Controlling the ramp up is critical. I'm sure you and your team will execute this well.

I've watched your market introduction strategy and how you and your wife engineered that... Brilliant.

Something tells me you are on a path to great success.

Good luck my friend. I'll be watching your ramp up and wishing you nothing but the best.👍
      Last edited by Breadhead; September 11, 2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Sir. Much appreciated!

Just added my review also. Good luck with the sales, it's a great product!

Comment

Maiden Voyage with SNS
      I followed the directions, started about 12 briquettes at one end, filled it on up with unlit, added my hot water, tossed on a few chunks of hickory and let it settle in around 225. Didn't take a lot of tweaking to hang around 227 to 230 and I went to bed at 3;30 am I'd been up about 36hr so I kettle watch just wasn't really an option.
      I bought a new 732 so I set thresholds of 160 and 250, it didn't alarm and I slept until about 9:00
      Still holding at 217 on the grate and a 156 internal on an 8 lb butt

I love this thing, still have a little water left, over 2/3 my charcoal is left 6 hr into it and its rock steady. BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT ON AN ACCESSORY, HANDS DOWN. Well, the 732 was a good decision too or else I'd be poking at it and wondering what it was really doing.

Looks like I'm in the stall now so I knocked down the ashes and will wait a couple hours, turn the meat and we're shooting for a 12-14 hr finish if all goes well. Grate is back up to 229 and internal holding at 158

I like it!!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Lookin' goooood. I'm 3 hours 37 minutes in on a brisket. I once stayed up 36 hours. Then I gladly slept 16+ hours in a hotel in Ada, Oklahoma.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here