Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow 'N Sear has taken the next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Sir. Much appreciated!

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Lookin' goooood. I'm 3 hours 37 minutes in on a brisket. I once stayed up 36 hours. Then I gladly slept 16+ hours in a hotel in Ada, Oklahoma.

• w0nq
    replied
    Maiden Voyage with SNS
    I followed the directions, started about 12 briquettes at one end, filled it on up with unlit, added my hot water, tossed on a few chunks of hickory and let it settle in around 225. Didn't take a lot of tweaking to hang around 227 to 230 and I went to bed at 3;30 am I'd been up about 36hr so I kettle watch just wasn't really an option.
    I bought a new 732 so I set thresholds of 160 and 250, it didn't alarm and I slept until about 9:00
    Still holding at 217 on the grate and a 156 internal on an 8 lb butt

I love this thing, still have a little water left, over 2/3 my charcoal is left 6 hr into it and its rock steady. BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT ON AN ACCESSORY, HANDS DOWN. Well, the 732 was a good decision too or else I'd be poking at it and wondering what it was really doing.

Looks like I'm in the stall now so I knocked down the ashes and will wait a couple hours, turn the meat and we're shooting for a 12-14 hr finish if all goes well. Grate is back up to 229 and internal holding at 158

I like it!!!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Henrik!

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Pit Boss, what is this new BGE accessory you refer to?

• Henrik
    replied
    Just added my review also. Good luck with the sales, it's a great product!

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    David Parrish ...

You Da Man!

Sounds like you have a handle on ramping up to meet the anticipated demand.

I've read about your background and figured you could handle this entrepreneurial endeavor. Fast growth is as much of a reason for failure as lack of sales. Controlling the ramp up is critical. I'm sure you and your team will execute this well.

I've watched your market introduction strategy and how you and your wife engineered that... Brilliant.

Something tells me you are on a path to great success.

Good luck my friend. I'll be watching your ramp up and wishing you nothing but the best.👍
    Last edited by Breadhead; September 11, 2015, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Breadhead I agree. I haven't cooked on my Mak 2 Star or my Hasty Baek 256 Gourmet in over 6 months because the Slow 'N Sear pretty much meets or beats the results I've gotten on either. That's saying a lot when you compare the cost of each setup.

As far as pulling the trigger, we have a lot of inventory and our manufacturer can handle a whole lot of demand, so I'm not worried about that

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    David Parrish ...

You never know until you see the orders but... My gut tells me you've got a winner here.

It's better to be a little over sold before you beef up inventory and production.

Patience is a virtue but... He who hesitates loses!

It's hard to know when to pull the trigger.😎

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr ROK View Post
    Done! I advise you to start going into production overdrive

Congrats on taking this step!
    Thanks! Fingers crossed we need to make overdrive happen.

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Done! I advise you to start going into production overdrive

Congrats on taking this step!

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    My dad used to tell me when I was a kid: Son... If you find work that you love doing you'll never work a day in your life.

He was a football coach and didn't look at that as work. He said it was about developing boys into becoming good men.
    Last edited by Breadhead; September 10, 2015, 06:07 PM.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Much appreciated Breadhead. I just wish it was less work! Lol I guess that's not exactly true. It's not work when you're having fun

• David Parrish
    replied
    Hahaha great post w0nq! Wish I was there with ya!

Leave a comment:

• w0nq
    replied
    Wow, ordered it over the holiday so it couldn't have shipped until the 8th and before noon today (10th) it was deposited in my garage, prior to noon. I am impressed. I won't have a chance to play with it until Saturday but it just looks really Bad Ass in the kettle don't it?
    Just setting up the new 732 and knocking back a couple rum & cokes before trying to get some sleep. I work overnights. Ahhhh, visions of pork butt will be dancing through my head, in an appropriate and family friendly way, I assure you.
    Pit Boss, This thing is built like a brick Sh#t House. If I hadn't already owned nice kettle, I'd have bought one just to roll back the lid and see one of these SNS's looking back at me. When you see it sitting in your kettle, the possibilities all come to mind. This feat of stainless design was masterfully assembled. A lot of thought went in to it, obviously. It's a rock solid quality unit and anyone who has a kettle should be beating a path to your door.Or at least your website because hordes of saucy faced minions shuffling down your lane can be disturbing and upset the dogs. But I digress, and pour anther drink. You are onto something very cool with the sns, You recognized the limitation of the SN and you solved problems that put your SNS on a level of its own. Goo Show!!!!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here