Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suckling Pig On Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suckling Pig On Rotisserie

I am looking into tips on spit roasting a Suckling Pig on my Weber 22' kettle. What temp? Covered? Uncovered? combo of both? Length of cook? Time? Recommendations on simple seasoning? Type of wood, if any? maybe a link to a video using a webber kettle would be great (plenty with gas but no charcoal).

Thanks All!

This is the only video I found in a kettle.

Comment

Man that's going to be a challenge on a 22". Better measure your pig first, you realistically only have about maybe 18-19" to get the pig on the spit and have it fit. You may also run into problems with it bottoming out. It looked like in the video above they did it on a 26" which obviously worked fine. I'm a bit skeptical unless your piggie is really small.

Comment

• RufusMcgee
        RufusMcgee commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't try it. save your money and purchase a larger grill. with a rotisserie. Just a thought.

Hi All: New to the forum. Doing a suckling pig on a huge open grill at stationary height. How hot should my fire be at 1- Pig Exterior or 2- Spit Rod. Low and slow ???? Normal 350 Degrees ??? Push coals to back of grill bottom??? Any tips are appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here