Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you recommend some rotisserie accessories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you recommend some rotisserie accessories?

Some residual MCS is still surging after purchasing my rotisserie. I'm going to need to take care of that with some accessories. Rather than picking which basket, fish folder, etc. at random I'm hoping for some product recommendations.

A set of pliers dedicated to being used for getting the blazing hot skewers off.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Good call.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Gloves

I don't have any links to them, but I've seen baskets that can fit on the rotisserie spit for small pieces. Also, if you're into such things, I've even seen a coffee roaster that fits over the spit. Have fun ...

Comment

Anybody roasting peppers in a basket? If so which one? Going to have to get one next year for hatch peppers and for my own homegrown peppers.

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't see roto being better than simple searing/blackening over high grill heat for peppers of any kind. I usually use my GrillGrates flat side up but searing over a high open flame also works well. If you do go roto, please let us know how it works

• Dan Deter
      Dan Deter commented
      Editing a comment
      My Summit has a ceramic rotisserie burner in the top which does a fabulous job of blistering the skin (and crisping the skin of chicken). Just have to make sure you don't overdo and turn them into charcoal. Although honestly I usually just put peppers on the grates and don't bother setting up the rotisserie.

• jecucolo
      jecucolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a chimney starter with small grate.

I recommend chickens and roasts...

Comment

The only roto accessory I own is a basket--and I have no idea what brand it is, but I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by MBMorgan View Post
        I don't have any links to them, but I've seen baskets that can fit on the rotisserie spit for small pieces. Also, if you're into such things, I've even seen a coffee roaster that fits over the spit. Have fun ...
        THat does look good, MBMorgan but I would never spend $155-195 on it. This one is $18.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71VAak5Y0IL._SL1001_.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	618064

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I was reading the reviews and sounds like a BBQ rotisserie motor may be too slow. This guy uses a drill to turn the drum and had to mod it as well.

His review is posted below.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought this so I could roast coffee beans on my grill. I have a 4 burner grill that puts out pretty good head and I have a rotisserie. The rotisserie motor is too slow so I use a drill to spin. I had to cut off the tabs on this drum and cut the hole a little larger with a jig saw and a file. That took about 10 minutes. Once that was done I was in business.

Continued...

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          ...continued

This is a nice drum, not as large as I would like, but great price and it worked like a champ. I can do about 1 cup of beans in under 15 minutes. The end holes are small enough that even little Ethiopian beans don't sneak out. I read in the reviews where someone had a latch problem. My latch works really well. I have included some photos of the roasting.

OneGrill is in Ohio and has sells rotisserie items. They also sell on Amazon. I've been looking at this basket but haven't purchased it yet.

Comment

• Brewmaster
          Brewmaster commented
          Editing a comment
          I have that basket and it works great, but the clean up (chicken thighs) is to much, tried peppers but they have to be all the same size

I would recommend the OneGrill flat basket. It works for chicken parts and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
          OneGrill is in Ohio and has sells rotisserie items. They also sell on Amazon. I've been looking at this basket but haven't purchased it yet.
          I have this basket. If you look at the last photo on Amazon you can see the problem -

Name:	41Dm3A2UxEL.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	618208
          Most spits are 5/16" and this leaves a lot of slop and that's what happens. I fixed mine by tacking a slotted piece to reduce the slop. -

Name:	roti.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	618209

If they made the ends like this it would accommodate spits of different sizes -

Name:	roti 4.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	618210

Comment

Something like this looks like it would extend the play quite a bit:

Cannot find a version on the US Weber site, but can't find a rotisserie on their site for my Genesis E-330... Which is weird to me, as you can find parts for the Genesis before the 300 series, with the horizontal bars on their site.

Comment

Here are some pics of this $50 kebob accessory.

https://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Stai...sserie%20Grill

Click image for larger version  Name:	71edoy%2BdbhL._SL1010_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	618512

Name:	614DRZJlZ0L._SL1010_.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	618517

Click image for larger version  Name:	517wTd5VfNL._SL1010_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	31.3 KB ID:	618513
            Last edited by Attjack; January 4, 2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Dan Deter
              Dan Deter commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks interesting

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Not a big kabob guy, but that looks like 50 bucks worth of fun!

MBMorgan Weber is out of stock on those, and probably not making more, so, the pricing is INSANE. But, apparently the 7652 (which is made for the Genesis II) will work on the previous generation 300s as well as the Genesis IIs.

But I think I've settled on the OneGrill Weber Fit Stainless Steel Complete Grill Rotisserie Kit for a couple reasons.

13 watt motor, 3/8" single piece spit, and insulated handle.

Also, the OnlyFire skewer doohickey linked above will work with it (which keeps it in the running... non-compatibility would knock it down a peg). Also, they make a nice set of baskets if I want to get into that... And they make a really nice basket that functions as a multi level flat or a big round. Flats would work nicely for spiedies/skewers...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here