Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunters and knife junkies, hark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunters and knife junkies, hark!

While in WI, I was given this knife by a friend. It is brand new. I know nothing about hunting (or Bowie?) knives so enlighten me on this wicked looked, scimitar-wannabe blade. The name embossed on the knife and case is Impact Custom Knives.

It’s hard to tell but the dark part of the handle is green. Should I start learning to skin elk?

Was there supposed to be pics? None show up.

Comment

No Pictures didn't happen.

Comment

Here's the website. Does this help?

Photos not showing??
        Last edited by RonB; February 21, 2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Dang it! I’ll retry.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C7A4A8C9-AA0B-4C7B-8A45-F2AFCB2E1720.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1381467
            Click image for larger version

Name:	32B5E37D-F4D0-4877-88EA-5E47DCAA942F.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1381468
            Pix or no pix?

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Pics are showing.

Looks like a fantasy style blade to me, not a camp knife or bowie. While I dont se a hunting application would be a beautiful display piece and conversation starter.
            Last edited by texastweeter; February 21, 2023, 11:51 PM.

Comment

This is what is known as a Theater Knife ….. theater knives were made in specific combat theaters (hence the name) by soldiers as a form of art. They were, generally, not intended as a combat knife. They were made with local materials, as a general rule of thumb. This appears to be a replica of some of the theater knives made by British and American soldiers in the China-Burma-India theater during WW2.The design is, somewhat loosely, based on the Kuukri, the traditional fighting knife in Nepal.

Hope that helps.

Comment

It's pretty, but I would take my K-Bar fighting knife over just about anything you can imagine. I'm just a sentimental guy I suppose.

Comment

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When I’m in the field, love a K-Bar ….. actually, an M-9 bayonet, which is the US Army’s combo bayonet and fighting knife. For daily carry, I have a CRKT folding knife that clips nicely in my jeans pocket.

It’s a very cool piece... I hope it has a maker’s mark!
                it’s patterned off a classic pirate sword… an Arabian style..
                So, I’m thinking Mediterranean or North Africa…
                Looks like the maker did a nice job, and it will start many conversations…

Comment

That is one beautiful knife! Really a work of art! I would be afraid to mess it up, haha.

To me, knifes like that are more for show than for practical work. I prefer a more straight blade without all the curves, but that's just me. My most used knife is a USA made Kershaw Leek, in a blackwash finish. It's in my pocket 99% of the time, unless going to the court house or airport.

Comment

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My standard daily knife is a CRKT folder. It replaced my trusted Buck folder when I snapped the tip off that one.

Agree with the fantasy, theater, work of art crowd. Not for use in any field. Put it on the mantle or on yer desk. Nice piece.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here