Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For fun- what would you think if you seen these numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For fun- what would you think if you seen these numbers?

The excitement of the new colors available on ThermoWorks' Smoke made me notice they use the same screen temps graphic on all of them. 'What were they doing with those temps? ' I couldn't help but wonder....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke colors.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	425197

So I thought we'd have some fun with it.

What would you be thinking if your Smoke (or any thermometer) showed these two temps?

I'd be thinking either the pork loin's almost done, or I missed the boat on reverse searing my steak but I'd still happily salvage it now while the gettin's good.

Won’t be long before the brisket will hit the stall and the pit temp is slowly rising toward 275. Cheers! 🍺

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
      Won’t be long before the brisket will hit the stall and the pit temp is slowly rising toward 275. Cheers! 🍺
      So you're in about the 3rd hour of a brisket cook? Nice. I should've been on the road about 4 hrs ago headed your way at this point.

Comment

Didn't know they had orange.

Comment

259-141=Tuesday!

Comment

I’d say my beer can chicken is almost done, but with soggy skin ;-)

Comment

Ya should have pulled that steak a while ago.

Comment

I'd say something is wrong for my pellet grill to have dropped 15 degrees in the middle of my pulled pork cook.

Comment

It’s a butt. Pit temp is being maintained around 250, meat will be pulled at 201.

Comment

Im late to my meatloaf, its done. I pull at 140°

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You pull meatloaf at 140?

• HouseHomey
                      HouseHomey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huskee Yes sir. It rests up to 150° sometimes more. I pull my smoked meatballs at 135°

Pork butt for sure ...... about 2.5-3 hours into the cook.

Comment

• Steve R.
                      Steve R. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, just another routine pork butt cook.

Gotta ways to go to get to 249-249!

That might have have been my old chicken cookin days.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here