Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard thermometer

I'm looking to upgrade from my Bluetooth Maverick remote thermometer because I lose connection when I go indoors.

I have thought about the Fireboard system but would love to hear what people think about it and any other recommendations.

Many Thanks

How much better is the range on the Fireboard?

Comment

I see where Attjack is going, it sounds like you may have a Bluetooth issue. You should be getting at least what my phone gets which is about 300' of so, inside or out.

As to the Fireboard I'm sure others would weigh in, I don't own one but am thinking of getting one for the multi-probe capabilities.

Comment

Fireboard does not depend on bluetooth for range. If you have Wifi at home, you can monitor your firebird remotely from anywhere that you get smartphone connectivity.

Also, see this review by me :-)

I got a Fireboard Extreme BBQ Edition for Christmas. My wife knew I wanted one. She also, I'm pretty sure, is tired of me complaining about not having enough

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Geeze now I really want one, good review. Wish I had seen it earlier, I bought a Smoke about 3 months ago and have already had a probe go haywire on me. Thermoworks covered it but still only 2 probes per cook...

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper, Troutman, 👍👍👍👍👍 You Are Absolutely Correct "Eco"‼️ Further More the Good Folks at FireBoard Can and Will Monitor Your Temps & Settings via iCloud and offer Suggestions and Assistance‼️ Great Service❓ IMHOP❗️
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Love my Fireboard!

Comment

I agree with others, it's simply brilliant! I have the Smoke too, it's a great thermometer, but if I have to choose then Fireboard wins hands down.

Comment

I've been eyeing the Fireboard ever since I first heard about it. Hoping I can justify it being a gift from Santa this year.....

Comment

Originally posted by ecowper View Post
              Fireboard does not depend on bluetooth for range. If you have Wifi at home, you can monitor your firebird remotely from anywhere that you get smartphone connectivity.

Also, see this review by me :-)

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-the-fireboard
              So the unit broadcasts over your home WiFi meaning I can monitor temps while I'm at the bar?

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep!

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                That's all I needed to know.

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, yeah. And with the notifications, it will alert you at the bar if you forget to monitor it!

SMOKIN D, Attjack, Troutman, ecowper, I jumped right in and commented on "Eco's" Post and Disregarded Everyone Else, So Sorry‼️ In a Nut Shell as "Eco" Advised the FireBoard Uses the iCloud for Communication (See Comment Above)‼️ As of Yet I haven't Jumped in My Pickup and Driven off and the Grill Unattended for 2 - 3 Hrs but I have Run to the Local Package Store to ReLoad❓ Can't Do a Proper Job Without Marinade for the Cook 👍👍👍👍👍 ❗️ I was Able to Check the FireBoard with My iPhone 5s from the Off Sale❗️
              👍👍🍻👍👍
              Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
              Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 6, 2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
                SMOKIN D, @Aajack, Troutman, @ecoweper, I jumped right in and commented on "Eco's" Post and Disregarded Everyone Else, So Sorry‼️ In a Nut Shell as "Eco" Advised the FireBoard Uses the iCloud for Communication (See Comment Above)‼️ As of Yet I haven't Jumped in My Pickup and Driven off and the Grill Unattended for 2 - 3 Hrs but I have Run to the Local Package Store to ReLoad❓ Can't Do a Proper Job Without Marinade for the Cook 👍👍👍👍👍 ❗️ I was Able to Check the FireBoard with My iPhone 5s from the Off Sale❗️
                👍👍🍻👍👍
                Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
                Aajack?

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	157
Size:	724.3 KB
ID:	391288

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                  Danjohnston949 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Attjack, Sorry about That I'll Correct it ASAP‼️ They say the Mind is the 2nd Thing to Go❓

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No need to correct I thought it was funny!

Love my fireboard. Never had a connection issue as it works via WiFi. Money well spent for sure.

Comment

So I’m at the bar it tells me my pits running cool. Now what?
                  Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 8, 2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Call Hop Sing❗️ Tell him to Check on Dinner‼️ Like Hoss Used to Do on Bonanza Years Ago👍👍👍👍👍❗️ 🤗😇🤗

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tell them you'll be right back.

Start up your drone, have it get some more charcoal (or wood) and add it to your cooker.
                  Call a neighbor.
                  Drive home and fix it.

Seriously, if you know there’s enough fuel, you might kick up the pit temp just to see if it will catch more and get the fire back up to speed

best regards,
                  Jim

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                    Jon Solberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Actually I’ll just tell my FlameBoss to ramp up the pit and order another round. : )

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, that's right - you're talking FlameBoss here!

• jgg85234
                    jgg85234 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s the advantage of having a remotely accessible controller as opposed to a thermometer 💥

Hope the Fireboard owners get their fans one of these months.

I asked the Treasury Dept if I could get one. Seems it might be in the works for Christmas.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pirate Scott, as I just advised Smokin D below Tell Your Treasury Dept. Head You Haven't Got Bad Advice from
                    "The Pit Club" Yet On How to Spend Your Money❓ 👍👍👍👍👍 ‼️

So grateful for all the replies. I've got it slated for my Birthday or Christmas.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SMOKIN D, Just Tell The Head of Your Treasury Department That "The Pit Club" Has Never Misspent Your Funds Yet❓‼️
                    👍👍👍👍👍 🤗😇🤗 👍👍👍👍👍

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s a worthwhile endeavor!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here