Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermometer questin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermometer questin

Some may know that I'm not a big fan of constant monitoring of my meat temperature, I typically just use a ThermoPop to take readings when I know it's getting close to done time.

Today my wife handed me a Ziploc bag and asked "are you ever going to use this again?". I looked inside and found a dual probe temp gauge with a remote that I'd obviously used before but have no recollection of. It's labeled Redi Check Barbeque so I thought it was just a piece of junk but on the back if says Maverick Industries Model ET-732.

Is this the same ET-732 that so many of you seem to use? Maybe I shouldn't toss it?

Sounds like my 732, has ready check on the front and the model number on the back. I would keep that and start using it again.

Comment

Yes it is

Comment

I believe so, but all you need to do is test it in freezing water and boiling water. Please note that the temp water boils at is lower the higher your elevation, so it might be a good idea to check what the boiling point is at your elevation.

Comment

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          Just a reminder, ribeyeguy , that the probes are the weakness of this. Where the wire goes into the probe - DO NOT LET IT GET WET, or you may be buying new probes.

Use it almost every cook

Comment

That is absolutely the Maverick ET-732. It's a great thermometer. It costs $60 brand new on Amazon. Don't toss it.

Comment

Heck, if you are gonna toss it, ship it to me. I will pay the shipping costs.

Comment

Got some ribeyes slated for this weekend where I won't need it but we're thinking about a brisket over the Labor Day weekend. Might have to give it a whirl then. I just wonder how long I've had it and didn't realize it. Like I said, it's obvious that I used it before as the probes have some dark spots on them but I have no memory of it. Must have been one of "those" cooks.

Comment

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                i think that you mentioned it in a previous thread about thermometers. That you had used it once or twice, then tossed it in a drawer.

Dang ecowper beat me to the punch. I was going to offer to kindly remove it from your presence.

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty sure being a moderator means you have to be quiet about such things.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here