Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 probes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my maverick 735. Four probe with bluetooth

Comment

IGrill 2. I love that thing...

Comment

Saw this in a post but only 2 probes and cannot vouch for it

Edited - link to other post https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/accessorize-your-pit/194326-ivation-dual-probe-thermometer-on-sale-on-amazon
        Last edited by cosmo; July 13, 2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

And now these is this on Kickstarter - FireBoard

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Some competition for Meater?

Maybe that will be a good thing. Meater should have had the market locked up but failure to deliver........

cosmo that looks pretty cool. Not many people backing them, though

Comment

• cosmo
            cosmo commented
            Editing a comment
            No not a lot of backers yet. A bit pricey too

• Histrix
            Histrix commented
            Editing a comment
            Too pricey I agree. Seeing that the demand for such devices is growing I'm sure the Chinese will be flooding the market soon with similar for half that price.

I really like the potential of that fireboard. Anybody actually had a kickstarter project deliver?

Comment

I have never had a Kickstarter project deliver. Heard of it, never had it myself.

Comment

• Histrix
              Histrix commented
              Editing a comment
              Have backed about a dozen. I've never had one NOT deliver. Many were way late but eventually came thru.

Same as Histrix - I've back about 2 dozen projects. Almost 100% of all are late but that is only because they do not set realistic dates. But all of my backed projects have delivered. Note: Kickstarter is more conservative than other similar sites such as Indiegogo in that developers need to have a working prototype, funding only when target is hit, etc.

Comment

So although I have a Igrill 2 capable of running 4 probes at once. I think your better off having 2 different dual probe thermometers. One for meat and one for the grill temp. I really feel like this separates things and keeps it simple.

My vote is for a Thermoworks 2 probe digital thermometer. Something accurate for your meat. That's my next purchase. I want something accurate and reliable. Something well built and dependable. Something with the flexibility to use all sorts of different styles of probes like the Thermoworks thermaQ or the BlueTherm Duo. It may hurt a little bit when you get your credit card receipt but you will have years, maybe even decades to be happy you spent the money that one time. You have some nice gear that you have invested some good money into. I think it would compliment the rest of your collection very well

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I'm buying another Maverick ET-732

Yeah I think that's still the smart play

Comment

Then I've got one to measure multiple temps on the grill and one to measure multiple temps on the meat. That will only cost me another $60. I've not yet seen an advanced 4-6 probe system for a reasonable price that gives me a whole lot more than two Maverick ET-732's give me

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I went with another 732. They easily pair up with their respective receiver.

Originally posted by ecowper View Post
                Then I've got one to measure multiple temps on the grill and one to measure multiple temps on the meat. That will only cost me another $60. I've not yet seen an advanced 4-6 probe system for a reasonable price that gives me a whole lot more than two Maverick ET-732's give me
                When I'm doing long low & slow cooks on my BGE I use my DigiQ Dx2 that has the fan and 2 controllers, 1 for meat and 1 for the cooking temperature. I also use my Maverick ET-735 which has 4 probes with Bluetooth capability. I have to walk out to the BGE to view the DigiQ readings but I can track that info from my iPad on the Maverick.👍 6 probes pretty much takes care of all of my needs.

Comment

Breathing life back into this thread, I'm now thinking about a >2 probe solution. What would be good is a completely wireless system so the probes are wireless to the base station, so as you're moving from kitchen to grill, into faux cambrau etc... you could keep your probes in.

It's a shame ThermoWorks didn't make the Smoke a 4 probe device!

Comment

I'm not sure there's anything out there with the probes independent of the base station. You might want to check out the Fireboard, though. https://www.fireboard.com/shop/fireb...1-thermometer/

Comment

There's "The Meater" ... a kickstarter project that may never see the light of day ...

Meater is the only meat thermometer that will guarantee perfectly cooked meats every time you cook. | Check out 'MEATER: The Only Wire-Free Smart Meat Thermometer' on Indiegogo.

Comment

• Chiefsilverback
                        Chiefsilverback commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That looks very interesting fully wireless with food and grate temps in one probe. The probes look very thick though?

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here