Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick Housewares Customer Non-Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick Housewares Customer Non-Service

I've been experiencing mucho frustration with Maverick. I e-mailed them about problems with my 732 transmitter, and they replied that I could replace it for $15 (plus shipping) by CALLING them. I've called several times during their "open" hours, but have never reached a live person. I've left messages, but those have never been returned. "Martina," who sent me the email stating that I could replace the 732 transmitter by CALLING them, does not appear in the company directory when I select that option from their voicemail menu. This has all been going on over the course of three-plus weeks. One week ago, they sent an e-mail requesting my phone number so that they could call me about ordering the replacement transmitter. To date - no phone call.

Is the non-service that I've been experiencing the exception or the rule?

I think I'd forget about Customer Service interactions at this point. Call the Office of The President. You won't get The President, but you will get your problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by CeramicChef View Post
      I think I'd forget about Customer Service interactions at this point. Call the Office of The President. You won't get The President, but you will get your problem solved.
      I agree ... one of the best things about retirement is there are no repercussions for non-criminal activities. These days, I pretty much always start at the top in such situations.

Comment

• Boydog
        Boydog commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks to both you and CeramicChef. The problem is figuring out how to get to the President or CEO. I've only been able to get their automated phone system when I call (still no action from them, by the way), and, of course, they don't respond to messages. I'll try digging on their website.

Boydog I have mixed feelings about that. I've exchanged a few emails with them, a couple went unanswered, a couple were answered within a day. I ordered two replacement transmitters (my fault they went bad) but I never received them and was never charged. Weird.

Comment

Now you guys are making me wish I had not just purchased A 732 if this is what I can expect. I should have stayed with Thermoworks their customer service is great.

Comment

I have the Pres email. I will send him your note.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Meathead, That's Twice in the Same Week, That I have Heard of You taking a Personal Interest in Someone's
            Problem or Situation! This time and a New Comer from Berlin ND, Pop. +- 45 would is involved with a Charity (Hospice), "Get Stickey in Dickey Rib Cook Off" We were Both Impressed!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Dan

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            You guys give me clout.

And there you go.......

Comment

The Vice President of Operations and BBQ sent me a note sounding upset and copied Martina Aziz [email protected]. Send her a note, explain the situation, and copy [email protected]. Include your phone number. I will forward it to her boss. Keep me posted on this.

Comment

• Boydog
              Boydog commented
              Editing a comment
              Email sent. You are cc'd.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here