Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your 2020 hopeful outdoor kitchen - cooking purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All

New here and liking what i see and all the ideas.

As for 2020, i told Santa AKA Wife i want a Fireboard BBQ set up and also a Sous Vide. Pretty sure they are under the tree now.
    I own a RecTec RT-340 which i love but it is too small. Wife said I could get the RT-700 / Bull but i have held off for now.

Over the past few months i have became obsessed with making my own bacon and can't find Pork Belly fast enough to keep up with all my crazy ideas of what to make.

I found a 2 year old YS-1500 Yoder on FB for $3,000, and it is driving me nuts that it is still for sale!!

Happy Holidays to all

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the pit, glad to have you here. If I could make a suggestion, head over to the introduce yourself page and tell us a little about yourself. I am sure our people will urge you to jump on that Yoder!!!

Tell us about yourself, your cooking skills or lack thereof, your current cooking gear or lack thereof, and meet other Pitmaster Club members! This is a great second stop, the first stop being the "Help!" channel to learn your way around our forum, how to create new topics, share pics, and so on.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      MattF Yoder makes a great product. I have a YS640 and love it.
      Welcome by the way!

Thinking about a Sous Vide because not a lot of room left in the outdoor area. If I buy one more item before getting rid of a couple I better be able to sleep in it too!

Bought the oldest a Sous Vide for Christmas and will see how that goes. Hopefully one of the two older of the kids will move to a place I can gift an electric smoker to make room. I also have an old offset that one of them might get.

Comment

Fireboard/fan setup so I can use it on my kettle and WSM, AND the SnS Kamado I’m going to win here

Comment

A major patio including a dedicated bbq/kitchen area is planned. Wife has approved a Weber SmokeFire and in principle a pizza oven. If I can get the patio and the smokefire I'll be in heaven.

Comment

I pulled the trigger on a Pitts and Spitts Maverick 1250. Should be here in 2 days. Super excited.

My goal for the spring is to figure out how to make an awning off the back of the house. The grills and smokers need protection from the elements.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Treated lumber, roofing material of your choice (I used metal roofing to match that on my house... Make it big enough to have a chair or two under there too while you grill/smoke in the rain!

Saving up for a Weber Summit charcoal grill. Also need a new gas BBQ, after 15 yrs it's seen better days!

Comment

When we built our home 12 years ago, my level of outdoor cooking was corralled around the gasser. So I bought the biggest Weber I could find at the time--a 6 burner Summit S-650. Then my smoker/grill/outdoor gas range collection grew like Topsy. So now I've taken over one "wing" of our upper level back deck with all my BBQ toys.

To protect the Trex decking, I've put black heat-resistant pads down in that area. But in 2020 I'm on a serious mission to find a really attractive yet heat resistant rug to go over them to make the deck as pretty as the rest of the house (amateur interior designer gene working here) . Plus I think I need a Porky Pig Neon clock to help me time my cooks as I sit on my tookus with a beer in my hand staring at my blue-smoke-puffing smoker(s) on those lazy summer afternoons.

Kathryn
            Last edited by fzxdoc; December 17, 2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

No hopefuls but I already know that I'm getting an Anova sous vide so I guess I'm going to have to give it a try. Not really looking forward to it though.

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              You're going to love it. As I always say, with a sous vide unit, the meat is no longer the boss of you. Enjoy your gift.

Kathryn

I want a stick burner for 2020, I wanted to build one myself since I retired but so far that has not happened.

Comment

Planning to get a small utility trailer to carry my Meadow Creek since I cannot lift it in and out of my truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Chrz View Post
                I am slowly warming up to a sous vide....
                Pretty funny if you think about it... :-)

Comment

Looking to replace my Weber gasser E450 - very long in the tooth! Looking at either a Blaze, SunFire, Coyote or Fire Magic. They ain't cheap, but they are chock full of the bells and whistles (infrared burners, internal lights, lighted knobs, 304 stainless, etc.). The SS grade is important for us as we live very close to the ocean - Blaze even offers a 316 marine grade version that is targeted for boat owners (well, BIG boat owners of which we are not!).

Comment

Weber. Summit. Charcoal. Grill. Nuff said

Comment

Cinder block pit for whole hog cooking is my spring project. I have the 2 barrel system with rebar all welded up for my coal system. Now waiting on the time to do it. Last couple of whole hogs I did was in the ground covered with coals and cloth. Turned out great just missing the smoke.

Comment

Nice eye-catching post title Richard Chrz when I seen "2020 hopeful" I had to investigate! Ya got me!

I want to get a nice sturdy canopy to have a covered area, or a nice cantilever umbrella, either/or depending on price Been saying that for a few years but I just don't do it and I deal with rain and snow on my noggin'.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                          Richard Chrz commented
                          Editing a comment

• Dewesq55
                          Dewesq55 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I use an 11' market umbrella if it rains to keep the liquid sunshine off of my cooker, and, incidentally, me. It works ok, although the pole does have a tendency to get in the way at inopportune moments.

David

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here