Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting short video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting short video?

Is there anyway to load a short video clip onto the site?

I know I can link to YouTube, etc. but is there a way to upload a 20 second clip here?

I searched in the Help section without success on this topic. Could have missed it due to my impatience!

Pretty sure you need a host site such as YouTube since it requires a URL to attach.

Comment

Sorry but videos cannot be attached/uploaded.

You can create a YouTube account and upload there, then link here.

Or Vimeo

Comment

• fkrall
        fkrall commented
        Editing a comment
        So I learn, why Vimeo and not YouTube? Both appear to require an account.

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        That is just up to you. I hear Youtube is easier to work with.

Thanks Ray and Jerod. That was what I feared.

Might want to consider putting this in the Help section or did I miss it?

Comment

You did not miss it. It is not there. I will see about adding that. Or Huskee will.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be a welcome addition to the help section. I had to ask also as to how to upload a video. Instructions should be clear and easy to follow. I found U tube to be easier to navigate and use than Vimeo.

• Alphonse
          Alphonse commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John, Does't Vimeo charge a significant subscription fee?

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          They have a free edition which I just tried today, it has ads and does work to post videos to our site. But I found it cumbersome and more difficult to navigate than YouTube. I’m no Bill Gates, but I liked YouTube better myself. There was also constant pop ups to upgrade.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here