Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message Notifications/Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message Notifications/Count

I know you all are hard at work and may already be aware of this. While very minor, I thought I should report. The messages button is showing 1 notification in the screen shot and the actual count is 11. I have a feeling this is due to spacing on the menu bar. Again no biggie but wanted to call to your attention.

Thanks for all the hard work.

DavidNorcross - I am just posting this to have fun with your message board! Hahahahaha

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!! I think....

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      It works well on the computer but the update on my iPhone kind of stinks right now. I had to search for your notification. Since I know it is a work in progress I’m not going to complain yet. I’m glad you pointed it out because it made me look at the differences between my phone and computer.

Thanks for reporting this. Should be fixed.

Comment

Beware of posting screenshots because our email addresses are now exposed in the center of the header.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I want to be DavidNorcross ' friend. I'm glad he posted his email. Too bad I'm not political and don't own anything to sell.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t understand why it is there nor what purpose it serves. We all already know our email address and it is prominent enough for a passerby to see it.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure it's there to try to get people to use active email accounts so they can be reached by AR.com but I prefer it not to be.

my messages button and notification button show up in the right upper corner like it used too with my name and then the page flashes and they disappear.
      Last edited by Planner47; November 13, 2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. I definitely miss having it up there on mobile. Now I have to click the hamburger menu to see if I have messages unless I'm looking when it flashes.

• Planner47
        Planner47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack this is on my laptop.
        Last edited by Planner47; November 13, 2020, 09:36 PM.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it does it on both desktop and laptop versions.

No Notifications in the upper rh corner? Have to click on Messages to be disappointed? Say it ain't so!

Comment

• fkrall
        fkrall commented
        Editing a comment
        I stand corrected. I just saw the familiar red square in the corner of the Messages box indicating I had messages. No need to click to find out. I now approve the change. Tell your grandchildren.

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        I fixed it.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here