Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email Notification Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the email notifications about responses to my posts. This isn't a problem, just a request because I'm super lazy. The notifications I receive have an internet address listed in them showing where the new comment is. Could that address be turned into a link, not just an address? I know, I just need to copy and paste. Maybe it's just a setting on my email account? This is super minimal, I know, but maybe others would like the change too. Sorry if this has been previously posted. Thanks for the consideration.

If I'm understanding you correctly, are you asking about the actual email you get notifying you about a comment/like etc, and the link isn't an actual clickable link? I have my notifications sent to my gmail and this is how they appear. Notice the link is an actual clickable link. What's your email client?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PMC email notification.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	924933

Comment

• Matt Bykowski
      Matt Bykowski commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct, I use yahoo and it's not an link. It's only an address (sniped below)

Huskee has made a new post under

The discussion is located at:
      I really like the email notifications about responses to my posts. This isn't a problem, just a request because I'm super lazy. The notifications I receive have an internet address listed in them showing where the new comment is. Could that address be turned into a link, not just an address? I know, I just need to copy and

Here is the message that has been posted:

• Matt Bykowski
      Matt Bykowski commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny, posting my comment came up as a link. Maybe it's just my yahoo or PC setting?

Thanks,

Matt Bykowski I haven't run into this before to know if it's Yahoo or your browser. I'm sure it's a safety setting in one of them. Let's see if raywjohnson might know.

Comment

For some reason I have stopped receiving notifications altogether. I checked my settings and it is set up to receive notifications.

Comment

Matt Bykowski check you internet security/anti virus settings as well mate

Comment

Yahoo has changed how they render links. Since the email notices are send plain text, and are not wrapped in HTML to make them a link. Yahoo decided to remove the automatic linking of plain text URLs/URIs. You can try switching back to "basic" email. Settings (gear), More Settings, Switch to basic. This might not work for long as Yahoo will force the new version at some point.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            That's exactly what I wasn't going to say.......

Hi All, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Switching back to Yahoo classic email and tinkering with security settings didn't help. I'll just have to go on checking updates the hard way (copy & paste). It tough Not really a problem at all. Thanks anyway.

Comment

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            When I get a little time to look into it, I will see about forcing the system to send plain text and HTML emails. Then the links *should* work correctly.

• Matt Bykowski
            Matt Bykowski commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, that is awesome. Good luck and thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here