Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please stop these pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love first world "problems"

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      That I somehow am oblivious to, thank you Android phone.

Originally posted by CaptainMike View Post
    Gotta love first world "problems"
    In case anyone is unclear...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4gikdd.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	917261

Comment

I agree I don’t care for those pics and think that shots of well prepared BBQ would be a better
      ‘sell’ for this site. I get the sentiment and what the website is going for (people enjoying BBQ) but those kinds of pictures are really only cute to the parents of those kids. That said I just tune them out and don’t even look at them when I am reading posts. I think most people who are checking out the site for the first time are looking to improve their cooking skills or get advice on a new grill. Pictures of well prepared food and action shots would be a more effective way to draw them in.
      Last edited by Old Glory; October 20, 2020, 05:07 AM.

Comment

There's just no telling what will trigger some folks these days.

Comment

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          The only trigger I know of that i have is attached to a 5.7x28.

• Loren
          Loren commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheef, I see what you did there; very clever!!

Welll I'll be damned. Seems like EVERYTHING is a trigger nowadays. I thought they were cute and funny. Sigh. I will have them banished. And BTW, I had no idea it had come up before. Alas, I don't read every post. Sigh. If you want to talk to me, you can reach me via private message, [email protected], or include Meathead in your post, or use the contact us page https://amazingribs.com/about-us/contact-us
        Last edited by Meathead; September 28, 2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          They were cute & funny!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with Meathead. They were cute. And it's Meathead's website, so who am I to complain!

• DavidNorcross
          DavidNorcross commented
          Editing a comment
          jfmorris I wish we could hit the like button more than once...

Not a big deal to me.
        When my grand daughter has a messy face its adorable.
        When some one else's kid has a messy face....poor parenting.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG... who let those people have children? That poor child. Crud... that’s my kid!!

I think this one actually pegged my "Meh" meter.

Comment

Now a shameful admission. Wife is away so I though--what the hell. Those left over sauced chicken legs would be a perfect breakfast. Cold chicken has always been a favorite snack and those things were sauced to the max.
          I got started and soon realized the effort to keep it off my face wasn't worth the worry so I went for it.
          Got to say---it would have been a perfect addition to the now infamous Show us Your Rib Face ad.

Comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            I've never eaten it for breakfast, but I'm a big fan of cold leftover chicken.

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            I would rather eat cold leftover chicken than hot off the grill/smoker,
            Same with Pizza IF it is Pizza Hut pizza.

Meathead Would it be possible to make a link to click to get to recipe for the food items shown? I hate meal planning, and never know what I want or where to start. Popping onto the site and having a rotating visual menu to click and get into a recipe for would be kind of cool.

Maybe a daily Best of Beef, Best of Pork, Best of Chicken, Best of Bread etc?
          Last edited by Cheef; October 3, 2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            Food items shown where? We have a totally new free site coming online in DEC and navigation will be much easier.

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            Instead of the rib face pics post pics of food from The Best Of sections. Click the pic to get the recipe.
            LOT of hidden treasure could be displayed in a rotating picture/menu pop up.

Just some background to show how people jump to conclusions and malform ideas without info: Cheef sez "I could handle Grandma and the little kids but that 20 something plus year old makes me want to grab him and shake him." That gentleman is my nephew and one of the best fathers I have ever observed. I photographed him at a July 4 party at my house while he was showing his 2-year old how to eat ribs for the first time. They were having a blast as the kid got sauce smeared on her face and he jumped right in and imitated her. Glad you weren't here to slap them, Cheef.

Sheesh.

Comment

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            smokin fool sums it up perfectly.
            "Not a big deal to me.
            When my grand daughter has a messy face its adorable.
            When some one else's kid has a messy face....poor parenting."

PERFECT example of how visuals without explanation can be misleading. Background info is EVERYTHING.
            I probably still wouldn't change my mind about wanting to slap him but the background info might make it a teeny bit less enjoyable.
            Last edited by Cheef; October 3, 2020, 08:10 AM.

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't say slap--I'm not a slapper. I said shake. Meaning noted though.

The pictures have been removed. I have no plans to replace them. Can we move along now?

Comment

Yup! Mebbee we ought to remove fun, then we kin all become grumpy ol’ sour faced codgers & codgerettes (don’t wanna leave the ladies out of the equation due to correctness an all). Hrumpf!

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Cheef , we all knew that, tell us somethin new.

• Cheef
              Cheef commented
              Editing a comment
              It's all about MEEEEE!

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              "Get off my lawn"!!!

Personally I see nothing wrong in people enjoying their food. And it is more important to me that their joy is more important than anything else in that moment/memory.

As long if it is voluntary, or accepted by their tutors. And if they are not directly pushed (involuntarily) on a paid site. If it would be to attract more members, why not.
            Glad to see meatheads reaction, as i am sure he cares for us.

And enjoying food can be expressed in so many different ways. In China people burp during the meals as a sign of gratidude to the cook, expressing they enjoy it. And I have been sitting with multi millionairs on the floor of an airconditioned tent in the middle of the dessert in Saudi Arabia. Where 2 people were needed to rip the meat and twist the leg of a mutton. using only their bare hands. And they were all very happy and sharing the meat. Sadly I am left handed. So I really had to force myself in using my right hand to receive the meat. As the left hand is supposed to clean your private parts with water instead of paper...
            So let's respect all cultures and habits. And if people dig into their food. I can only enjoy with them.

My son has his own Smokey Joe since the age of 3. And I also have several pictures of him enjoying his cooks and pride.
            And some weeks ago did his first single ahnded cook of a mountain hay chicken.

He never burnt nor cut himself.

But would you call me a bad parent now? Just because I teach him responsibilities and dangers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201004_192924.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	926467

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a happy boy! Good job dad.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here