Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't zoom text on a tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeusDingo
    replied
    i'm sorry i didn't realize you couldn't pinch to zoom on this site...
    Last edited by DeusDingo; March 10, 2016, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DSiewert
    replied
    I often use a tablet to view this site. In good lighting conditions, the current scaling is fine. However, if you have a little glare, or you are using the tablet while making a recipe, it would be nice to be able to make the text larger. I like your base formatting, but I could use the ability to zoom in some cases.

Maybe it could be rolled out in the next major release of the site.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Godric The Pit scales to the device automatically. If you have some insane resolution I guess that could be the problem, but I see the site just fine on my iPad with Retina Display. We could use more info. What pages are you viewing... the forum or the main website? What device/operating system/browser are you using? What's your device's resolution? Can you change it?

Leave a comment:

• godric
    started a topic Can't zoom text on a tablet

Can't zoom text on a tablet

I am able to enlarge or shrink text on a page as desired in the desktop version of my browser of choice (Firefox). Using the tablet version of the same browser on the same pages, the text is too small (thanks to the amazing resolution of today's tablets) and cannot be zoomed, even when I trigger the request for the desktop version of the page. While I'm sure that trotting back and forth from the kitchen to the computer is good exercise, it'd sure be nice to be able to prop the tablet up on the counter and reference it there. In order to do that, though, I need to boost the text size. Is this just a vBulletin thing, or is there a trick that folks are aware of?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here