Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more liking comments?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more liking comments?

I thought that was a great feature. Is it gone for good?

And my history of having read posts is gone, as well as updating itself as I go thru posts now... ?? Anyone else lose history of your reads?

Comment

I messaged Ray about the like button on the comments. He wrote me back. My issue was intermittent. Sometimes I would like the initial comment and all of the others below would receive the like button, as well. 99% of the time, I was really happy with that. However, every once in a blue moon someone says something that is not so friendly. I would try to hit only that comment to "unlike" it. A reputation prompt would then appear on the "like" of the original poster. I would just hit undue. Ray said he was aware of the bug and said he would be working on fixing that feature but the comment like may have to go in this update while he figures it out. Ray - if I misquoted you with the response, please let me know.

Comment

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        raywjohnson, I wish I could like your comment that you are going to get it fixed.

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        tbob4 You actually did not like all the comments. If you had refreshed the page or came back later you would see that all those likes would be gone.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would have "Liked" a couple of the above comments, if there was a like button for comments. 🤣

None of the comments on the topics I've gone to have Like buttons now. There is only like buttons on the main posts; not on their comments.

Clicking Like on a post does not open up Like/Unlike boxes in the comments section below that post.

I miss being able to Like comments in addition to the main post.

Kathryn

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly.

This was spotted and mentioned earlier, thank you for spotting it too!

Comment

I will work to get the Like button on Comments functioning again.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ray - tell them they have me to blame, not you, for reporting a glitch. My skin is pretty thick.

Guys your doing great, I couldn't do what you do in this life time or the three that follow....

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. No disrespect for raywjohnson or Huskee it's intended. They have done, and continue to do, a great job.

I think I have a working solution. Give the old Comments Like button a test run!

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine is working and that from long distance☺.
          Thanks for sorting it is an essential feature that is much LIKE'ed

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks raywjohnson! I can't like this enough. I'm kind of amazed at how much I missed this functionality!

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks raywjohnson!

Yippee Yahoo Hooray. Thanks, raywjohnson .

Kathryn

Comment

Ray, you are a genius! Thank you.

Comment

Your work, and the like button, are much appreciated.

Comment

So as a token of our appreciation for all the good work you've done raywjohnson , I once again present you with this reward (sorry can;t help but drag this out from time to time )

Comment

Thanks, guys, for resurrecting the "like" button for comments as well as for all the other nice updates. I was waiting for a chance to share a big kiss 'n hug for all your hard work!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pigKiss.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	763892

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's the true definition of raw pork-a-liciousness !!!

• IowaGirl
                  IowaGirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is a random cute photo off the internet, but I grew up with hogs just like these and I probably played with the pigs a lot like this toddler is.

There is still a problem with Liking comments. If there are more than three comments and you expand the comments section, the [Like] buttons vanish.

raywjohnson

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh no. I thought something weird was happening just now when I went to a topic that had an expandable comment section for a post. I'm sure Ray will get right to it, now that he's on the trail of fixing Comments problems.

Kathryn

• raywjohnson
                  raywjohnson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will work on fixing that.

Back to no like button on comments? I just experienced it and it wasn't on an expanded comment section

Comment

• Bogy
                  Bogy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Must just be you. That's what you get for not liking all my posts!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here