Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo upload

I'd like to post a topic and add some photos but the upload photo icon doesn't show up anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

What browser and what device?

Comment

explorer on a laptop

Comment

Originally posted by celticman View Post
        explorer on a laptop
        So you're not seeing these... Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadpix.png
Views:	330
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	749800

Comment

So it appears to be an issue with IE as I get the same. I'd suggest that you download either Chrome or FireFox. This screenshot is using IE.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ieuploadpix.png
Views:	338
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	749805

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that.

Comment

Originally posted by pkadare View Post
              So it appears to be an issue with IE as I get the same. I'd suggest that you download either Chrome or FireFox. This screenshot is using IE.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ieuploadpix.png
Views:	338
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	749805
              I recently dumped Chrome in favor of Firefox. Chrome is effectively spyware (it's a google product) and Firefox, even though a bit slower, seems to have fewer compatibility issues with various web pages.

Comment

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                I use the new Edge beta browser which is based on Chrome. Works great and since I work for Microsoft I kind of have to. :-)

I 've had it happen multiple times, usin Firefox, at random times...

Comment

There's a known glitch with it disappearing when you're editing an existing post, but yes they should be there when you're creating a new post for sure. I wasn't aware of the issue with Internet Explorer, but Internet Explorer is an unsupported browser these days, I too recommend Firefox. We'll soon be rolling out a vBulletin update, and that hopefully will address some of these glitches. raywjohnson may have more insight.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Side question raywjohnson I thought Edge was the rename after they fixed IE and made it more Chrome-like? I don't use it much but when I have it seems very much like Chrome. Of course interface and speed don't mean much I suppose.

• DesertRaider
                  DesertRaider commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huskee, from a technical standpoint, IE was both the browser and Windows Explorer. Fun test if you've never tried with Win Explorer, go to the address bar and type in a web address, like amazingribs.com. They were intertwined so much it was the root cause of many security issues.

• raywjohnson
                  raywjohnson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Edge was the latest version of Internet Explorer DesertRaider is correct. Windows Explorer is intertwined into everything. Zip files, FTP, web browsing. And yes, the newest versions of Edge are Chromium based. Google Chrome is also Chromium based. Still, Microsoft had a bad track record for security and I do not trust Edge will be any improvement.

Does it support all the formats?

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to the Pit!

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Interesting first post. Looking forward to seeing what photos you do post later.

• Jared49
                  Jared49 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, welcome to the pit family! Did you see there’s a Weber kettle grill for you on eBay!!!!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here