Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site issue

This has been happening to me occasionally for a while but today it’s happened a lot. When I click the link in an email notification it takes me to a page that says I’m not authorized. If I go to my notifications page and try to see the new post it also says I’m not authorized. I need to go to the recent posts and find the topic to view the new post.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	96DCB571-EC6F-489B-9E41-05A76C78ADC4.png
Views:	160
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	661466

raywjohnson

Comment

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you send me the links (via PM)? So I can investigate further.
      This problem can occur of a post is made, then the post gets deleted before you click on the link (in email or notification page).

This can happen for one of two reasons- either the post it's linking you to no longer exists (deleted perhaps), or you got tagged somehow inside a channel you can't access, such as a moderator-only channel. The latter happens on occasion accidentally.

If neither of the above are true, perhaps there's some glitch. You say you can view the post in question by going the long route- you can access it from Recent Posts and see the post you had been mentioned in?

Comment

Today it’s been happening to me on the what’re you drinking thread and the show us what you’re cooking thread. Yes I can see the post by taking the long route. Huskee

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, thanks. It must be some new gremlin. I had to weed out some common reasons for this first. We'll investigate....thanks for your patience.

I knew it was a glitch from the get go, yup, I did. 🕶

Comment

Thanks Huskee !

Comment

Update.

Red Man sent me one of the offending links. This issues is as I suspected. The post it links to was deleted by the author.

I will update the message that displays to provide more information. Make it less confusing.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahah!

raywjohnson Thanks! It’s happened occasionally to me for a while but I didn’t really worry about it. It happened three times in an hour yesterday, that’s why I posted about it.

Comment

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries. I need to know about any anomalies. Got to keep Pitmaster running smooth.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here