Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a chat room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This format works just fine for me. I typically just jump in here when I have a few minutes. Don't think I would be interested in a chat room.

Comment

That's fine, if people don't want it, they don't have to do it. I just hang out, chat once in a while with a couple folks, if no one shows, it doesn't hurt anything.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. It's hard to predict how social thingies will develop.

I'll take the rare air here and go on record to say I do part of this tech stuff for a living. Just want to point out I'm deep-pockets experienced. DogFaced PonySoldier there are always exceptions to the majority, and you are one. In general, a flock can be dispersed with a single unintentional shot.

Nope, nope, nope, nope don't do it. Not here in the PIT. Get to know people from the threads and if you want something in particular you'll get quality answers from a larger community that has time to think over their replies, and if you want something specific from a member, PM.

Do not sound the Death Bell. The dynamics here in the PIT are organic and complex with amazing results and maturity, but fragile if change is introduced.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I want that emoji!

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan what emoji? You mean the pic of me? Took my hat off is all...

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, nah, nah, ya can’t fool me. I’ve seen you before with a red eye.

I don't have a really big digital footprint - no Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. My computer social activities are pretty much isolated to The Pit and emails. So I would likely not be a person who would use it. However, my wife and kids would likely look at anything that raised interactions to a new/different level with enthusiasm. So don't take the "I wouldn't use it" answers as a defeat. If it was included as a part of the Pit and I learned to use it, I might be receptive.

Comment

I enjoy hitting the post at about the same time everyday. Since retirement I have no interest in being at a keyboard more than that. Just my thought.

Comment

My experiences with live c hats goes back to AOL in the 90s. I hosted Julia Child's first chat. I still do monthly live chats on FB. I do not find them very interesting, helpful, or easy to manage. Somebody explain how it is better than this?

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            see # 18...

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here