Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me? Even so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me? Even so...

I started using amazing ribs.com for the recipes and for the how-to info. I liked it so much that when it started selling memberships I became a charter member. The stuff is valuable to me.
    I still come here for the recipes and info, but now when I arrive I get a pop up asking me to join the pitmaster club. So I sign in. But after I sign in I have to "click here to go to the public side for the recipes".
    Maybe I should just let the membership go and endure the popups.
    I know, I know, it isn't about me. Just saying what I think.

Certainly your call, but I like the camaraderie and the help and tips in the pit as well as the main site. Not to mention the food pics. If you don’t like that, I am not sure I would use only to get rid of the ads.

Comment

Have you tried bookmarking "Today's Posts". That's what I do and I have no problems.

Comment

I'm just not that into the social side. I realize you can learn a lot from other's experiences and I appreciate that. I don't know, the membership is a given. It isn't a big deal, and simply bookmarking a page past the entrance is a good idea.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope this all works out like yer wantin it to, an further hope ya stick around.
          Absolutely LOVE yer avatar birdy pic!
          Any chance of seein a hi-res version, pretty please?

Thanks Ron, no more frustrations.

Comment

I had an entire album of bluebird feeding pics. But at the moment I can't locate them. I'll keep looking.

Comment

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            come join us over on face book on the Bluebird - L groups. we have LOTS of folks talking BBs over there.

• philneel
            philneel commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I haven't been using my Facebook account, but I know I posted all of the pics of the little guys on my deck getting fed at my Facebook account. We had two groups fledged from the backyard this year but I can't get them to come feed like I did a few years ago.

Greetings philneel

You should not see the ads or popups on the main site once you are logged in here.

I double checked your account and verified that all is well.

If you are still seeing the popup. you can try clearing your Pitmaster and AmazingRibs cookies.

I created a function to do that for you (so you do not have to clear all cookies on your browser).

This will only clear Pitmaster and AmazingRibs cookies.

You will have to login again after using it.

Also, many other things can interfere with cookies.

Browser plugins that block ads, and "tracking" cookies could be the problem (as pitmaster.amazingribs.com and amazingribs.com use the same cookies).

--RayJ

Comment

• philneel
            philneel commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the attention. I took RonB's advice and started using a different bookmarked address and staying logged in. I guess I'm just not keeping up with changes.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, RayJ.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here