Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird problem with post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird problem with post

On Saturday (April 8th) I started this thread:

I'm trying reverse-sear sous-vide-que New York Strip steaks for the first time, and I have a question about method. Dinner is tomorrow night (I couldn't wait any

The last post was on Saturday evening.

On Sunday, after the cook, I wanted to update my first post with a picture. That worked fine, but the date and username of the last post did not change after this. Of course, that meant it did not show up in "Today's Posts".

Then I decided to add a comment to one of the posts, but still had the same result.

Why did this happen? I just wanted people who had commented on the thread to see the results of their (much appreciated) helpful suggestions.

Thanks,

Andy

Editing the original post (which you did when you added the pic) will not change the 'most recent post' time & date stamp, because it's a not a new post, it's simply an edit to an existing one. Neither will making a comment, as these aren't considered "posts" in this context. A comment will however count toward how many replies a particular topic has, but it's not considered a post, it's a comment on a post. If you want to "bump" a topic, simply make an actual post at the bottom in the main "Write something..." post/reply box, and that will count.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here