Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics still not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another test of a sideways photo from my iPhone (and then edited/inserted from my MacBook).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5327.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	49392

Comment

And then edited/rotated 360°.

Name:	image_5329.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	49394

Comment

Cool, so at least I know how to fix it in the future. Thanks The Burn! Here's a good explanation I came across on the web:

Your iPhone doesn’t convert any images to the correct orientation because that would keep it busy for a few seconds. Instead it simply saves all photos as they were recorded and adds information about their correct orientation to EXIF tags.

This means that your iPhone is ready to shoot another photo within a fraction of a second, which is just awesome. The only problem is that some software developers, including Microsoft, ignore the information that’s stored in EXIF tags.

Comment

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know, my Galaxy seems to do the same thing, they are almost always upside down when I upload them, but when I go in to edit they are right side up in the software.

Sorry, just one more test… so because the EXIF tags aren't being read, these pics reflect the actual, physical orientation of the iPhone as I took the photos.

Name:	image_5331.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	49402

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	49407

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	49408

Name:	image_5334.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	49405

Oh, and a side effect—do you see how the photos are different sizes? These are all photos I just took on my iPhone without any editing done. I inserted them as "Large" so they should all be the same size.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by eugenek; January 5, 2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Looks like it worked. Can I have my old name back ?

Name:	Beef3.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	49448
          Attached Files

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            You bet. Stand by.

You are the man! Have a big pic!

Name:	11_15_2014.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	49467

Comment

Awesome John! Glad we were able to fix the issue. Uh hem, you need an Avatar

Comment

I am having problems with my pictures. I have had this problem for while now. When I upload a picture, from my Mac (home or office) the picture comes up sideways or upside down. I go to the library edit the photos and rotate, but there is no change. And its not all my photos. just some of them. I don't know how to fix this. Its becoming a real pain the backside and has been a problem for a while now. Any suggestions on what i am doing wrong, or is it a website problem. I never had this problem until a few months back.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here