Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIFT Memberships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GIFT Memberships

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing a gift membership for the Pit Master Club can't seem to find a way to do it on the site. Is there a way?
    Last edited by robbh; November 27, 2017, 10:37 AM. Reason: brain fart, meant to say Pit Master, not Pit Cooker !

Within the last 2-3 days, I saw somewhere on the web site that gift memberships are NOT available YET but they are working on it. Did not see an ETA. If that isn't correct, perhaps one of the Moderators can point us in the right direction.

Found it on the Pitmaster Club Info tab at top of web site: "alas, at the moment we have no mechanism for gift memberships, but we're working on it".

Comment

They've been working on this for quite some time. From my understanding it is extremely complicated.

Comment

Way more complicated than it sounds on the surface. The software is set up for auto-renewal, and gift memberships pose the question of who renews? The gifter has to add a credit/debit card. Does the gifter pay for the yearly renewal, does the gifter trust that the giftee will log in and add their own CC? What if the giftee isn't really into it and doesn't change the CC, or forgets? It complicates things for the way the billing system is set up. IT would have to build a whole dynamic billing system that currently doesn't exist, one that allows a payment source to be removed without cancelling the subscription, one that allows for a single one-time 1-yr-only billing, etc.

BUT, it's on the wishlist of things to accomplish, so it will happen. I just want you to understand why it's not there yet.

Currently, the best way is to either buy them a subscription and ask them to add their own CC/Debit card (and risk them not and you get billed next year)....or send them a pre-paid card and instruct them how to sign up, and if they want to renew they can re-load the card or add their own. Less hi-tech, but it'll work for now!

Comment

make it a one time draft, is that not possible?

Comment

Originally posted by texastweeter View Post
            make it a one time draft, is that not possible?
            The system is currently set up for auto-renewal and a one-time payment is not currently possible, at least yet. Like I say above, it seems simple, but it has to be built into the system, and we haven't gotten there yet.

Comment

Huskee , I know this is an older thread, but I could have sworn that I saw something recently (within the last 8-12 months) about gift memberships? Am I losing my mind? I know the trial membership thing is up and rolling, but I thought there was movement on a gift thing too. Just can’t seem to find it. I have 3 of my best friends that I want to drag into The Pit of Smokey Awesomeness....... I say drag...... they already view the free site and love it. Lol.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                No current gift subsciption plans. The Help section talks about it.

• RickyBobby
                RickyBobby commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, sir.

Could buy a Gift Card, fer like $25, gift a year, an card won't allow renewal, due to lack of funds???
              Let yer Giftee know, up front this is th case...

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah that wold work, and then the subscription would just expire for non-payment. If they want to continue on they could add a new card.

This explains the nuts & bolts of it: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-subscriptions

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here