Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum isn't displaying correctly (Chrome browser)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum isn't displaying correctly (Chrome browser)

The forum is suddenly funky looking. My Chrome browser is up to date. If I use Internet Explorer it's fine. Before the weekend I had no issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	m9cQtpb.png
Views:	196
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	413197

This is exactly how it looks on my Safari also, computer or iPhone.

Comment

It was the same for me on Chrome - I cleared the cache, quit Chrome and when I restarted it looked like normal!

Comment

Mine was like that, both PC, an' iPud...
        They got better, as I'd imagine yers will, given a lil' time fer IT to work their Magic.
        Both yer reportin' problem, an' platform is exackly what they need to make it happen, good job!

Comment

Originally posted by trasmc View Post
          It was the same for me on Chrome - I cleared the cache, quit Chrome and when I restarted it looked like normal!
          This worked. Thanks!

Comment

That worked for me too! Thanks!

Comment

I have no idea what clearing a cache is or what chrome is. I guess I’ll just have to live with the new funky.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Whatever browser you have (I use Chrome browser) you should be able to clear its cache, and that will apparently, likely solve the issue. Give it a try. We can help.

• BulletStopper
                BulletStopper commented
                Editing a comment
                Press control (CTRL) shift and delete at the same time. You will get a pop up window. Click the button to clear the browsing history.

Just remember FireMan! You will have to remember every single password you have ever used in your life. Gawd I forgot most of them!

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                First off I have Safari like you do & the problem is on my IPad, not my IPhone. Second I will avoid at all costs a password nightmare, so I guess I live with it.

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
              I have no idea what clearing a cache is or what chrome is. I guess I’ll just have to live with the new funky.
              Ctrl Alt Delete does not allow me to clear my browser cache. I'm running windows 7. You typically go to the settings in whichever program you use to access the web (Internet Explorer. Chrome, FireFox, Safari, etc.) and find the clear cache option there.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Didn't mean to quote. I meant to respond to BulletStopper.

• DeusDingo
                DeusDingo commented
                Editing a comment
                ctrl SHIFT delete

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Whoops I read that wrong.

Good advice, trasmc . I'm using Chrome, I cleared the cache and the site looks just like it's supposed to.

Comment

Here's a nifty little trick that'll come in handy if you need to find a forgotten password on a PC, Go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager. A list of websites will appear and you can click on the website(s) for which you can't remember the password. Then click on "show". You'll be asked for your current computer password, which you use everyday to log on and then, bingo, you can see the password for that site.

Comment

Greetings All,

For any one having this issue. there is a quick fix to refresh the page and cache. CTRL+F5 (hard refresh). Hit and hold the CTRL key, then hit the F5 key.

--RayJ

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Attjack apparently just the page. I went to another forum and didn't have to log in.

• raywjohnson
                    raywjohnson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just the page. But also any resources the page uses (in this case, the CSS file). Once done, it will work for all pages.

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice. Thanks, raywjohnson

I am in a Safari/LastPass browser and am having the same issues. Isn’t this issue the issue Meathead was talking about in his post from the 18th?

cheers,

NPH

Comment

Don't think so. I to use Safari. Once I dumped all my cache and cleared all history, the Forum was totally back to normal.

Comment

Tried the browser clearing on Safari, Chrome problem fixed. Just not inside my LastPass App on IPad. Good to go for now. Thanks guys!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here