Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion for cleaning up the site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for cleaning up the site.

This website is amazing, but it's filled with tons of broken and no longer active links to products. Amazon smile is a bit tricky when it comes to who i'm currently supporting, to ensure I'm supporting AR for all my cooking purchases, I always come here to follow the links. It's incredibly frustrating to be lead to a dead end 404 error or a product no longer available. I'd like to see a way to report broken links so they can be fixed by the webmaster.

Any thoughts on this?

I second this....

Comment

Absolutely! If you find broken links, please post them here! Or compile a list as you see them & post it. Or email them to us at our Contact Us link: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...ent/contact-us

Sorry for the mess. Sometimes links change and we don't always catch it. We appreciate the help.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Joe
        Hi, my name is Joe commented
        Editing a comment
        What's the best way for you guys to triage the links and the removed the broken link message from this thread? Can you delete posts of broken links once they have been fixed, that way this thread doesn't get out of control?

What language is this site? Is a plugin available to report broken links?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, my name is Joe I've forwarded this on to get a proper answer for you

If you find broken links on the articles and recipes on the free part of the website, we can fix them. Send email to [email protected] and tell me the url of the page and the link. Tons? We run link checks and often find as many as 5 or six. Amazon runs out of a product, a website we liked went out of biz or changed the urls is common. But we need to know and want to fix them!

If you find a broken link here in The Pit, that is harder to police. I recommend you just post the correct link to the thread.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Joe
        Editing a comment
        Meathead, Thanks for writing in! Perhaps broken links are the wrong language, Most of what I find are products that are no longer available, largely on the free site. Would you want one email email per broken link? Or a list with multiple links in one email?

I don't want your email getting flooded with multiple requests.

Ah ha! Yes, we think of broken links as something we can control, but we have no control over inventory at Amazon. Often a product we love sells out and then comes back in stock within days. And yes, if you can send them in as few emails as possbile that would help. I need to know what page the link appears in order to find it. But hang in there a few weeks. We are in the middle of a MASSIVE site redo that prevents me from making changes to the current site. When we release the new site I can attack them.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Joe
        Editing a comment
        Awesome Meathead! I've "tested in production" before at an old job, it never went well. So having a way to test changes before putting them out for the world to see creates a lot less stress and makes for a better product. Can't wait to see the new site!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here