Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Blocked Photo Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Blocked Photo Icon

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo alert.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	371926

I have been seeing this of late on a lot of photos that I was once able to view. Is this something to do with my computer or the format in which the photos were posted? Anyone else seeing this? I am using a Mac and Safari as my browser. Thanks.

I'm seeing it. I believe it has to do with the difference between "Upload Attachments" and "Upload from URL" and what settings you have on the 3rd party site.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      JCGrill - do you know if there is anything I need to do to see the photos? For example, it I upload photobucket will I see the photos again?

I believe you have to have a paid Photobucket account to link photos to another (3rd party) site. A recent change that's not very popular. With a free account you get that icon instead of the photo. Their 3rd party hosting page (with a link to paid plans): http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en...party-hosting-

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      That stinks. A lot of our photos are being lost because of it, I am afraid.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4 I agree. I don't have a photobucket account but I had heard about the change and most folks only learned about it when they started seeing the icon, like you and their plans are not cheap. It's a pain to deal with a change like this.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we need to find a high priced lawyer and go after them for copyright infringement! I would argue that once a photo is posted here and it is retracted by a third party, it limits the postee of his/her intent to distribute/publish and further injures the recipients. I have already suffered from deprivation. Anyone else suffering? Class action.

I think it's another government attempt to mine your computer for your best BBQ recipes. If they ask, you haven't seen me....

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately Mr. Bones they do. But I've covered my 7 acres in tin foil (do they even make tin foil?) so I'm just a dark spot on their satellite images.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I, like lonnie mac , recently bought a Mavic Pro drone. I flew over CaptainMike's place and I can attest that his place is impervious to electronic invasion. Signals can go out but only authorized communication can come in.
      Last edited by tbob4; August 30, 2017, 08:15 PM.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, tbob4, you can always leave an offering at the front gate. Preferably one that is wrapped in pink butcher paper and stored safely in a faux cambro.

I just upload here. Maybe this site's servers have to store more, but I don't have trouble with another site deciding that this site's users are SOL unless they are paying customers. Ultimately that is the only surefire solution.

Comment

Yes, Photobucket very recently stopped offering 3rd party hosting for free accounts. So if you uploaded something there and linked it here, you will see the icon. You can go to your photobucket account, download your stuff and upload it directly to this site.

Comment

I have used Google Photos for all my photos. To use in a post, you mark a photo as "Shared" and you can get the public URL from a right click. Simple and free.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          That's great to know, since my photos get backed up to Google already. I signed up with Photobucket at least 10 years ago and had just kind of stuck with it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here