Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to sign in... kind of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to sign in... kind of

I'm a paid member, and when I navigate to the site it first asks me to log in. No prob, I do so and it seems to work fine. Once I'm logged in, it takes me to The Pit and my user name shows on the top. BUT, if I navigate out of the forum, suddenly I'm logged out again. If I click "log in" (again), the site takes me right back to The Pit (where it shows that I'm logged in). This wouldn't be so bad except that since I'm appearing as not logged in on the main site, I'm bombarded with all the "JOIN THE PITMASTER CLUB!!" marketing. Of course, I joined this site primarily to support Amazing Ribs (considering how much I use it!), but my ulterior motive was to get some peace from all the JOIN NOW stuff. Now, that peace isn't forthcoming!

Anyway, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. LOVE THE SITE!!

Welcome Raijer

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Im sure one of the tech savvy guys will be along to answer your question.

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue as Raijer.

Comment

Gents ... I'd start by clearing your browser's cache. It may be "remembering" things from before the software upgrade that are no longer going to work with the new version.

Comment

Just tried it myself (my cache was cleared first) and I would have to agree. It seems like the main site doesn't know about the Pitmaster login. You still get the join messages.

Comment

Also seem to me there's a "Remember Me" button, on th Login page or summat... might depend on yer device if it is shown, or not...

Comment

Looks to me like it's a legitimate bug. Here's how I reproduced it:
                1. Went to My Account and signed out
                2. Closed the browser (Chrome on Win 10) then relaunched it
                3. Emptied the cache and browsing history
                4. Went to AmazingRibs.com
                5. Signed in successfully
                6. Went to the Pit and Today's Posts (no problem)
                7. Clicked on one of the non-Pit tabs (Ratings & Reviews, Tested Recipes, etc.)
                8. Upper right hand corner now shows the Sign Up and Sign In Buttons
                9. Clicked on Sign In and logged in successfully
                10. Repeated several times with exactly the same results.
                Huskee - It's a bug!

Comment

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
                  Looks to me like it's a legitimate bug.
                  Agreed, and thanks for the science back up, Mbmorgan! I also cleared my browser, just in case. Log in still only works for the forum, and not the main site!

Edit: Although the bug wasn't addressed here, I read elsewhere that the mods are aware of the problem and are working to fix it. FWIW
                  Last edited by Raijer; June 28, 2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Nice to meet you.

Comment

Add me to the list of folks having a credentials problem.

Comment

Looking forward to a quick fix and possibly some credit for not having access?

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry for the temporary inconvenience with the login between here in The Pit and the free portion of the site.... But all paid member still have access to everything. If you were to get locked out (which shouldn't happen) please email me at [email protected]

Raijer EPH airboss27 Please navigate to this post by Meathead to fix the problem with the ads.
                        We appreciate your patience. This post will walk you through the process of fixing the bug.

Thank You,
                        Spinaker

Comment

Hi Spinaker. I very much appreciate the response, but unfortunately Meatheads' fix didn't work (which seemed to happen to other folks in that thread as well). I followed MH's instructions to the letter, and tried four times. It just didn't work. TBH it doesn't seem to me to be an adblocker problem. The thing is (and the reason I started this thread) is that I can sign in fine here on the Pit, but the moment I move over to the main site I am no longer signed in. Of course I'm going to see ads, because you have to sign in to have the adblocker work. It's not that the adblocker isn't working, it's that members can't access the area where the adblocker kicks in. The adblocker may work great after MH's fix, but I'll never know because I can't log in to the main site!
                          Last edited by Raijer; June 28, 2017, 10:19 PM. Reason: Edit: werdz r hard!

Comment

UPDATE: Looks like everything's fixed now (at least for me). Thanks all!
                            Last edited by Raijer; June 29, 2017, 09:45 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Spinaker
                              Spinaker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Good to hear everything is working now.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here