Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How

I would like to post a new topic in the forum section but can't figure out how. Help

Go to forum, scroll,down to "off topic" and add a topic. Montana Smoke I don't know how to insert a link or I would have.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't been able to insert links either. But that might be because I am using my iPhone and not a computer.

In general, go to the forums page and select the sub forum that best matches your subject. Click on that and then click on "+ NEW TOPIC". Enter your text in the box and the click on "Post Reply".

If you want to add a link, just right click on the address at the top of the page, (in the address box of your browser). It should turn a different color and open a box with a list of choices.

Click on "copy selection". Then go to your post and there should be a bunch of icons above the box you are typing in.

Click on the icon that looks like a chain link. A box will open - just hit "control" and "v" at the same time and your link should appear in the box. If it's in the box, click on "OK" and the link should appear in your post.

( HouseHomey )

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thank you! I just. Assumed he wanted to post off topic. Doh! Face palm. I will give that a shot. I use an iPad so I hope I can go from there. Thanks again!

Just out of curiosity.... how did you post this then?

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was going to say ya just did.

I am not able to add a new topic either unless I go to the "introduce yourself page" and click new topic, is that the only way?

Comment

RonB nailed it. Montana Smoke just do exactly what you did to post this topic. marshall you should be able to start a new topic in nearly any forum or sub-forum on the Forums page, with a couple exceptions- Announcements, BBQ Cartoons, PitCast, and the Newsletters channels you cannot start new topics in, only Admins can start topics in those channels. You can however still comment and reply in existing topics in those channels.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here