Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep getting redirected to App Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep getting redirected to App Store

Just within the last 24 hours I've been getting redirected to a 3rd-party webpage which opens the App Store app on my iPhone. It happens when I view forum pages in The Pit. A cursory Google check seems to say that it's mobile specific (both Android and iOS, the former redirecting to the Google Marketplace) and that its related to advertising. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Attached Files

Here's a TechCrunch article regarding this issue: http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/06/sha...e-google-play/ The ads don't actually display on the mobile web version of your site, but I'm guessing the code is still loaded.

Comment

I take that back there is one ad at the very top of the page on the mobile version. I'll try to take note of which one is triggering the redirect.

Comment

Here's at least one of them. Please have a look:
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info Eugene. We'll look into it. We definitely don't want redirects occurring.

Comment

Thanks for the note. In the past three days iPhone users have been reporting this. We are trying to get to the bottom of it. We will eventually.

Comment

eugenek: THANK YOU for that link. It helps!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here