Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading Pics, Losing Post Before It's Even Posted, Very Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Pics, Losing Post Before It's Even Posted, Very Frustrated

This is the 2nd time this has happened in the past 2 days.

I wrote a long post, uploaded pics, tried to add pics to the post, then the post just disappeared, never to return.

The "saved" portion that I restored contained only the pics. Not the post, which is seemingly lost forever.

And it was a long post. Bummer.

This is very frustrating. I'm not sure I'll even try again.

I usually just post "the words" then I go in and edit my post and add the pictures. Usually I am posting from my iPhone and this seems to work for me

Comment

Have you tried to reload the page? Or was it an original topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
        Have you tried to reload the page? Or was it an original topic?
        It was an original post. I usually do my posts in Word, then cut and paste, in case the internet goes down during a post.

An unintentional keystroke on my part could have overwritten the text with the pic. IDK. Maybe it was my fault.

Comment

TBoneJack
          I have had it happen. I feel your frustration.
          Now, I post text.
          Save.
          Post pic(s).
          Save.
          Repeat, as necessary.
          Hope this saves you some aggravation...

Comment

I have not had this happen to me. Control + Z (Windows) or Command + Z (Mac) is "undo" and helps me when I make a change I need to reverse. You can undo multiple times too. Undo on a test post to see how it behaves for you.

Comment

I find that if I write a post in Word then "paste as text", everything tends to be fine. Just plain pasting, however, embeds all those Word formatting codes along with the text and can wreak havoc with your post.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                If needed, I use Notepad, instead of Word.
                No formatting codes, etc.
                Hopin' this helps, some...

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here