Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member Reviews - Subcategory by State maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member Reviews - Subcategory by State maybe?

About as new as new gets here at The Pit, but was perusing the forums and had a thought - In the Member Reviews (Restaurants and Butchers) section, would it make good sense to have subcategories by state? I dont know how much of a pain in the keester this would be, but I cant help but wonder if this would be useful for folks like me... on the road a lot for family and travel, be able to pull up a file on the state where Im going and see if there are any good 'cue joints (or bad ones to stay away from!) where I'm headed to? I know when I'm on the road, one of the first things I do when I find out where I'm going is to look up the local BBQ joints, and Yelp, while helpful, is not always the most trustworthy source of quality (see my horror story in Member Reviews, coming later this afternoon LOL).

Feel free to yell "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP NOOB!!!" if its not worthwhile, or if you feel it would be too little return / benefit for the amount of work involved. :-)

Thanks - G

No yelling to "sit down" from here - sounds like a good idea.

Comment

The sub forum by state already exists although it isn't always used.

If you click on that forum and scroll to the bottom you will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
        The sub forum by state already exists although it isn't always used.

If you click on that forum and scroll to the bottom you will find it.
        Well it sure does, doesn't it? LOL Sorry about the doofus ask, I'll try to apply the "scroll, THEN ask" rule a little better in the future. :-) Thanks Nate!

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a doofus question at all. Easy to miss when you are first getting accustom to the pit. Glad to see new members getting involved and utilizing the benefits and features the pit offers.

It was minimized to reduce up-front clutter. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
          It was minimized to reduce up-front clutter. I think.
          Yep, we used to have folks complain fairly regular that the home page was too busy and confusing. We turned the review forums into sub forums to reduce clutter, and since then there have been far fewer complaints.

Comment

I'm glad you asked the question because I've been here a long time and forget to scroll so it helped out tremendously.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here