Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carolina hash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carolina hash

Will amazing ribs ever post up a recipe for a good authentic South Carolina hash? I think this would be interesting to try and make with some guidance.

Never heard of it 'til your post, but it sounds good. Any chance you can do some Googling and come up with and post a recipe that fits your idea of "true" SC hash?

Comment

My daughter lives in South Carolina, so over the years I have had it a number of places, none of which I would write home about. There may be some additions from one place to another, but essentially it is chopped up pork shoulder mixed with your favorite South Carolina mustard BBQ sauce and served over cooked white. It may be one of those things to have to grow up with, like liver, and it is more nostalgia than taste. Try it and add some juice from a wrapped Pork Butt, you might like it.

Comment

Thanks fellas. LA I'm gonna give this a try and see how it goes when I get a free weekend.

Comment

I was curious about "Carolina Hash" and did some surfing when this thread was started and found "Folkstreams.net" and in the videos section in alphabetical order is "Carolina Hash" I found the video fascinating! My reservation to posting a link says it's for "Home use only" and I do not want to step on anybody's toes. I hope you will enjoy as I did. As I look I expect I will find many great videos on that site.

Comment

Now I have a name for something I make often!

I make chili frequently, but I make it really thick and I serve if over rice. Now I can call it Chili Hash!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here