Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Membership

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I have 75 days left on my free-trial membership, I already know I will be happy to join at regular paying membership prices, but I am waiting for the 75 days to run down before signing up. If I sign up early, before my 75 free days are up, do I lose those 75 days and immediately go to a 365 day subscription? If you lose the the free-trial days when signing up, it may have the effect of losing the new member in the long run. I won't lose interest in this site, but in 75 days, some people may. Perhaps a sign-on bonus for newbies, or guarantee of adding the free-trial days remaining to the first initial sign-up would be beneficial. I guess i'm a bit of a frugal, cheap-ass, but I would think you would want to really reach out to the folks that are loving the information they are getting here ASAP (as I am), and get them to sign up quickly before the chance of them losing interest. Unfortunately, I have been in the FaceBook horror story of BBQ groups, that this is a welcome breath of fresh air. I'll be signing up in 75 days. Thanks for doing what you do here. I posted this earlier, but there were some technical difficulties. (thanks Huskee).

Welcome to the Pit, albeit temporary for the moment. I do not know the answer to your question, but I have not regretted for a moment joining. I have seen first hand the benefits of this messaging board alone. It's nice to know that when you are close to chow time and have questions, someone will most likely be here to help guide you thru the hiccups. I hope you decide to stay with us, and look forward to seeing pics of your cooks, and the experience you can offer!

Comment

I was a member of the site before it was a "pay for" site. I have no idea whether or not there was a free trial period at the time. I remember the transition was something about paying to keep the site free to others for everything but the member section in which you could solicit advice and post. It took a month or two at the time to decide whether or not I wanted to pay for that. In the end it became a no-brain decision. I've posted more lately than before, but went to the member site consistently to get advice. I could always find an answer to questions I had without having to ask. I would give myself the free days but don't let the time run out. This is a really good group and your contribution will pay for itself. Welcome!

Comment

So what your asking is for a 440 day membership. I have absolutely no say in the matter. So with that said, yeah, go for the 440 day membership. Don't know anything about the other sites, except for Raichlens, which does'nt hold a candle to this one. Also, in the almost two years I've been gleaning from this site & the membership support & participation & quality thereof, any nickel spent here is worth it's weight in gold. Enjoy it man! Again, glad to have you with us & cool dogs too!

Comment

Shane Rakow, Your question seems reasonable to Me? Bear in Mind I am an "Old Scotchman"! You might want to further your Suggestion to David Parrish or Meathead? For sure it should be Posted in the Suggestion Section on the Home Page! Perhaps one of the Moderators would help?
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Shane Rakow
            Shane Rakow commented
            Editing a comment
            Good morning Dan. I posted this in the Suggestion Box area, but it also shows up in the regular Today's Posts as well. Unless, of course, I messed-up something along the way!

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Shane Rakow, I missed where you had Posted! I see below that Dave, David Parrish, answered the $64000 Queston! One Sharp
            Fella There! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Originally posted by Shane Rakow View Post
          I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I have 75 days left on my free-trial membership, I already know I will be happy to join at regular paying membership prices, but I am waiting for the 75 days to run down before signing up. If I sign up early, before my 75 free days are up, do I lose those 75 days and immediately go to a 365 day subscription? If you lose the the free-trial days when signing up, it may have the effect of losing the new member in the long run. I won't lose interest in this site, but in 75 days, some people may. Perhaps a sign-on bonus for newbies, or guarantee of adding the free-trial days remaining to the first initial sign-up would be beneficial. I guess i'm a bit of a frugal, cheap-ass, but I would think you would want to really reach out to the folks that are loving the information they are getting here ASAP (as I am), and get them to sign up quickly before the chance of them losing interest. Unfortunately, I have been in the FaceBook horror story of BBQ groups, that this is a welcome breath of fresh air. I'll be signing up in 75 days. Thanks for doing what you do here. I posted this earlier, but there were some technical difficulties. (thanks Huskee).
          When you choose to pay for membership your 365 days starts at that date. The free trial period is meant to give folks a chance to check out the membership benefits before they pay, not to give out an extra three months. We don't count those trial days against you though so you do get free time depending on how long you want to wait. You most certainly get an extra three months if you wait until your trial membership expires before joining. When it expires you'll just be asked to pay the next time you log in. You won't lose your ID or any of its history.

Comment

• Shane Rakow
            Shane Rakow commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks David, I appreciate the response!

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            You bet!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here