Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error when updating profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when updating profile

Hey AmazingRibs.com team! Think I've found a bug. I'm attempting to update my profile – something I have done successfully in the past – but, when I click Save, I get the error pictured below. Hope it's an easy fix! Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mikebarish; August 29, 2016, 03:11 PM.

Add me to the list for this.....same result exactly

Comment

Yup me too. Just joined and I'm getting the same error message.

Comment

Our IT guy, desperate for me to give him his Mountain Dew back, has made some tweaks and thinks this bug is squashed. Please try to make your updates again and let us know of your success or lack thereof. Thanks!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, I just had the same experience 10 minutes ago.

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        When responding it's best to post a reply instead of a comment so we have a better sense of where you fit in the timeline. Thanks for the feedback!

Welcome Kiriak

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, David Parrish. Sadly, no luck. Just tried to make the update in two different browsers Chrome (Version 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit)) and Safari (Version 9.1.2 (11601.7.7)) and encountered the same error.

Comment

Can you log out, clear cache, restart your browser, log in and give it another try?

Comment

• mikebarish
            mikebarish commented
            Editing a comment
            David Parrish, I logged out, cleared cache, quit the browser, reopened it, logged in and got the same error. Also tried in Firefox, which has no history of me on the site, and encountered the error there, as well.

For what it's worth I saw this thread so I just tried editing my profile, tried to make myself 10 years younger by changing my birth year. I got the same error message so I logged out, cleared the cache and tried it again, unfortunately I'm still 57. Damn, I'd like to be in my 40's again.

If it helps I'm on a Kindle Fire running some version of their Silk browser. If you want I'll go try it again on our desktop.

Comment

OK thanks for the feedback. I'll let the IT folks know there's still work to be done.

Comment

• mikebarish
              mikebarish commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Appreciate you being so responsive! These types of issues happen (I work in digital media), but it's rare to find a site of this size that has such rapid feedback. Hoping for a quick fix!

As always, The Pit rocks!

Still experiencing the error (figured I would since you hadn't updated, but wanted to let you know). I'm sure your IT guy is on the case. Thanks!

Comment

David Parrish any updates on this? I'm still getting the error when attempting to update my profile. Thanks, as always, for the help!

Comment

The first attempt to fix it didn't work. IT is doing more research. I finally gave them the Mountain Dew back. It was an incentive at first but then they started caffeine withdrawal and it was UGLY.

Comment

• Atalanta
                  Atalanta commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sugar and caffeine is what fuels techies. Speaking as someone who makes sure she scores the desk by the coffee maker.

• SlushDeezey
                  SlushDeezey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At least they can post. I'm still out.

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Uh, you just posted?

One does need to roll with the punches!

Comment

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but it's still the same, like my ex wife. It don't work!

Comment

Still doesn't work for me either.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here