Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filter by date started post or date last reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter by date started post or date last reply

David Parrish Question for you, Oh Guru of the Forum. It might be my imagination or just my old age, but yesterday I seemed to notice something different when I was browsing. The threads seemed out of the normal order, so I poked into the filter and reset to date - last reply. Good, now it looks right. But the setting won't stick, and I have to do it for every topic. Did something change? I tried Display mode - latest activity, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Yno what channel were you in? The video and pitcast channels sort by date of original post. Everything else sorts by date of latest reply.

Comment

It doesn't matter where I am, the Date - started post radio button is chosen, and no matter how many times I change it, it reverts.

Comment

I'm not sure what is going on, but everything on the whole site looks whacked to me. Everything is out of order, which makes it extremely difficult to follow a thread. The format of posts is different, ie. tiny avatars and no signatures or post counts. I'm thinking some changes have been made ahead of the server switch? Anyway, I am out of here until the new site is up. At my advanced years, change is diffucult!

Comment

• martybartram
          martybartram commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not having that problem. It sounds like the page isn't loading completely but I think you would know more about that than me.

Originally posted by Yno View Post
        I'm not sure what is going on, but everything on the whole site looks whacked to me. Everything is out of order, which makes it extremely difficult to follow a thread. The format of posts is different, ie. tiny avatars and no signatures or post counts. I'm thinking some changes have been made ahead of the server switch? Anyway, I am out of here until the new site is up. At my advanced years, change is diffucult!

Yno I'm not seeing any of these issues. I think the problem might be whatever device you are using.

Comment

This is what I am seeing.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	177896

Comment

Using Chrome on multiple Windows 10 computers. This just started two days ago.

Comment

Mysterious. That last screenshot turned out to be the Posts/Latest activity switch, which I didn't know existed, but somehow turned itself on. I have poltergeists in my machines!

Comment

• martybartram
                martybartram commented
                Editing a comment
                gremlins!

• martybartram
                martybartram commented
                Editing a comment
                At work we blame it on big brother and the People's Republic of China watching us.

It is something in my profile. I have tried it on four different browsers on five different operating systems. Always the same. Kind of a pain in the @$$ to have to set the filter on every topic, but it I don't, I won't see any new posts on old threads.

Comment

Yno You have the Posts/Latest Activity toggle set to Posts now? (User Settings > Account) "Latest Activity" makes it how your one pic shows, which cuts out lots of info.

Name:	aaa.PNG
Views:	142
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	179262

Comment

The display mode did somehow get switched, but I figured that out last week. The issue I have still is the filter at the top of the topics sections. I have to change it for every section of the Pit. or I will miss any new comments or replies made to old posts that are not on the first few pages.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	180168

The Sort By used to default to Date - last update, but now I have to switch it for every topic.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here