Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Don't Know How to Describe this Reoccurring Problem When Posting with My IPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Don't Know How to Describe this Reoccurring Problem When Posting with My IPad

When I Post a multi line or sentence Coment or Post I immediately have to pull it down and edit it to get the Registration Correct??? 😙🤔😬🤔😙
    Really P----s Me Off? Help Please! From Fargo ND, Dan

Dan I don't understand the issue. Those pics are coming up tiny so not sure what you're trying to show us with the pics either.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Boss, I don't know why the Pics are small? Basically the problem It is starting a new line Randomly disregarding
      punctuation? Without editing the Post will appear like back of Your hand if you folded every other Finger Under!
      I hope this Crude Description helps? Dan

Looks like the word wrap function isn't working right, either in the IPad or in the BBS software.

Dan, if you close the message and re-open it, does it fix the word wrap, or do you have to edit it in order to fix it?

Jim

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim, I haven't tried to close the Message and Reopen? I will Try It! Usually it seems if I close a Post and then Reopen typically It's Gone Never to be Found Again? Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan:

I meant after you have posted it, not before. Just go open a different post, and then come back to the one you just did.

Jim

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      jgg85234, Jim, I haven't had a chance to try what you suggested yet! For sure I am going to try it this AM!
      I appreciate the suggestion! I'll let everyone Know the Outcome. Thanks, From Fargo ND, Dan

I know these "I don't have this problem" responses are usually no help at all ... but I probably spend 50% of my time in the Pit with my iPad (like right now) and I don't have this problem. What version of iOS are you running, Dan?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      MBMorgan, The IOS was updated a few days ago it is now V - 9.3.2? To my knowledge the ”Latest Greatest"
      AppleCrapple! For an iPad Mini! All I can add to the discussion is that this Phenominum has been acquired but
      I can't tell you precisely when! Thanks, Dan

Yeah I'm not noticing the issue either. Is it showing up for anyone else?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      David Parrish, Dave like I've mentioned many times I am "Not the Sharpest Knife in the Drawer!" Especially when it
      Comes to this Puter Crap! My Problem may be Self Inflicted? Thanks, Dan

• LangInGibsonia
      LangInGibsonia commented
      Editing a comment
      PEBCAC
      Problem Exists Between Computer And Chair
      😆😆😆
      Sorry, Dan. Hope you figure it out.

It looks like the editor isn't recognizing Dan's iPad as a Mini ... in other words, it sees an iPad and assumes a 9.7" screen size as though the his iPad is a full size model vs. the Mini which has a 7.9" screen.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      MBMorgan, David Parrish, Thanks for all the time You have Spent on this Mb, I just got home from the Fat Club, and then Eunice and I had to go to the Cemetary where her folks about 30 Mi each Way! Long story short I just logged In again! This Occurs in both Coments and Posts! From Fargo ND, Dan

Dave ( David Parrish ), I just had a look at some of Dan's previous posts, replies, and comments. His line length problem seems to be limited just to comments.

Comment

Dan - Can you point me to one of your posts where the problem has occurred? I want to paste it into a hex editor to see where line breaks are inserted into the text.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mb, I just copied you and the Pit Boss two posts I just sent Unedited in any way! The first was to @Mosca,
      the second was a Post I made on HouseHomey, Memorial Day. I'm not sure if it's appropriate here
      From Fargo ND, Dan

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
    It looks like the editor isn't recognizing Dan's iPad as a Mini ... in other words, it sees an iPad and assumes a 9.7" screen size as though the his iPad is a full size model vs. the Mini which has a 7.9" screen.

Perhaps his browser is telling vB it's a big iPad, or a desktop. There are browsers that can be set up to do that.

Comment

OK ... so I pasted Dan's recent problematic post (also pasted below) into a hex editor. There is a hard line break (x0d0a) everywhere I've added "[RETURN]" to the pasted text below. That should not be happening unless the [Return] key is pressed on the iPad keypad. The lines below are of different lengths (# of characters) so it's probably not anything automated.

Bottom line, VB word wrap is working fine and those hard line breaks are almost certainly originating on the input device ... the iPad Mini.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mosca,@Breadhead, Mbmorgan, Gents, Thank You for your concern about My Posting problems! I sound ignorant enough when I write without[RETURN]
      having the Sentence & Paragraph breaks all screwed up? This problem has gotten worse over time? I just can't figure out if this more is AppleCrapple[RETURN]
      or AR Site Related? I only use the iPad Mini to Post, except rare occasion when I use the Cell Phone Apple 5S. The keyboard is too small to be anything[RETURN]
      but an ornament in MHOP! I hope this helps You see what I am trying to explain?[RETURN]
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan[RETURN]

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here