Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to take down the xmas lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to take down the xmas lights

Um, it's getting late in February the xmas lights are still up. Just sayin'....

mgaretz Just got mine down yesterday so don't feel like you're the only one who has waited until now. Had to wait until a warm day....excuses, excuses! LOL

Comment

The best Christmas I remember we didn't take the tree down until Valentines Day. Life was good with young babies in the house. It was just hard to let go!

Comment

Originally posted by mgaretz View Post
        Um, it's getting late in February the xmas lights are still up. Just sayin'....
        What are you talking about? It's not Memorial Day yet.

Comment

We just try to use enough green, blue and gold then they become Mardi Gras lights. That always buys ya a few extra weeks.

Comment

I am talking about the ones here on the site - look at the banner on the top.

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              That has entered my mind a few times.😎

Change them all to green for Saint Paddy's Day!

Last year we took our decorations down on April Fool's Day.

Comment

For the first year ever, my Christmas decorations are taken down but are waiting patiently outside the attic door to be put away in their respective boxes. My outdoor decorations are languishing in the garage. Usually they're packed away by the Epiphany (12th day of Xmas), January 6th, at the latest.

I fell on a slippery driveway on Christmas Eve and broke my tailbone, which takes about 3 months to heal. So doing all that lifting and storing away was too painful without having additional drugs on board. It was painful enough hauling them up to the attic area to wait for Phase 2 of de-decorating. So they're still sitting there; hopefully I'll have them put away by St. Pattie's Day.

It's a relief to hear that I'm in such good company!

Thankfully, I can still BBQ. Not being able to do that would have been a rough patch indeed!

Kathryn

Comment

• mackdaddy
                mackdaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Ow! Hope you are healing up ok and won't affect your cooking time.

• mackdaddy
                mackdaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Ow! I hope you are healing ok and won't affect your grilling time.

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the good wishes, guys!

K.

OK OK I thought they were just symbolic of gifts. I get it. Anybody who leaves up CHristmas lights after Valentines Day should be fined.

Comment

Mine are still up.....I wish I had a good excuse.....

Comment

Boys and Girls, Christmas is less than 10 Mo's away, what's the rush? Dan

Comment

At what point do you just leave them up? My mom passed down our tradition which I still stick to: No xmas decorations until after Thanksgiving (I saw people on Facebook with trees up in October!) and when the last present is open the tree, lights and decorations come down.

Comment

_John_ that would never fly in my house. My wife used to put up Christmas while tearing down Halloween when the last of the candy was handed out on Halloween night. Finally I asked her to have the common courtesy to at least wait until after my birthday (Nov 2nd) to start decorating for Christmas. She has pretty much adhered to my request, with the exception of the 48 Santas I live with year around. She swears she is going to tear down the 2nd tree this weekend (she said that last week too), so we will see what happens. One year she didn't tear down the last tree until after Easter. She just kept redecorating it for each celebration (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter).

Comment

• _John_
                        _John_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At least she is redecorating it.

• Craigar
                        Craigar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, I have that going for me. We also have a purple tree, with purple bulbs and purple lights that has found a permanent roost in our bedroom. It comes in handy as a night light.

I kinda feel lost without the lights

Comment

I have a nephew in college. Christmas 2014 he and his roommate put up and decorated a tree. It remained up all year but got shoved into a corner when it started to get in the way. Midway through 2015 they had to move into a new apartment which was just across a parking lot so all they had to do was carry everything to their new place. The last thing to go was the Christmas tree. On a mid July day my nephew was dragging a decorated Christmas tree across a parking lot where construction was going on. According to him bells and balls were falling off of it as he dragged it and one of the construction crew guys hollered out to him "Dude, your Santa ornament is rolling away" and actually retrieved it for him. He says it's one of his most embarrassing moments ever and I guess I can see why.

Ah youth, it truly is wasted on the young.

Comment

• Breadhead
                          Breadhead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Never obey your age...👌

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here