Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An invention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An invention

How do I get a message to meathead.
    I would like to ask his opinion of an invention i have. Its a smoking idea for all gas barbecues.

You can just tag him, that should get his attention sooner or later... Meathead <--- there ya go.

Comment

• darrellw1
      darrellw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

You can send him a private message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230115_094953_Chrome.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1362170

Comment

I got your direct message.

Comment

Meathead While you’re here, is there any news to report on your request for griddle volunteers? The post you made asking for someone to review griddles and post cooks and recipes?

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I had only two people apply by sending me emails as requested. Others were disqualified because they could not follow directions and when managing people that's important. We hired Chef Stef and I notified those who sent emails. Here's her info. VERY talented https://amazingribs.com/about-us/mee...eam/chef-stef/

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Great! Thanks Meathead Any idea when we might get our first article[s]?

My dude, I get the impression that Meathead is an honorable guy, but you really should not be talking about an invention with anyone except maybe a patent lawyer.

Edit: There's all sorts of timelines for the patent process, and disclosure to a third party can have an effect those timelines.

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point. I am assuming he will have an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before he tells too much. Although frankly, we have learned some lessons and they are: stick to what you are good at. And we are not good at manufacturing so there is little chance we will rip him off. Besides, that' not my style.

As one that's worked with many inventors in my product devepment practice, don't waste your money at the start on patents. I wrote a chapter in my first book (From Concept to Consumer) called "Legal advice and when to ignore it." Most patents are a waste of money when it comes to consumer products Takes years to get, costs many thousands of $$, and only gives you a license to sue. And I've never had a product stolen, because the idea is usually the easiest part to do. Like Meathead says, the real skill is to take the product from an idea into manufacturing and then successgully market it.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a friend who had a great idea. He wrote it up, had someone draw diagrams and circuitry, and submitted it. By the time he had it considered, the technology had advanced so much that it had already become a common feature in the industry he was designing it for. He was out several thousand from it.

Nice to see another member in Marysville

Comment

• darrellw1
          darrellw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You.
          Looks like il have to visit her more often.
          A lot of great people

While we're here; Welcome to the Pit darrellw1! Good luck with your idea.

Comment

Yes, welcome to the crew and I hope you have success with your invention, sir.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here