Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server down for an hour or so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server down for an hour or so

I was getting "Server Not Found" when I tried logging into the Pit for about an hour, maybe a bit longer. Was that just me?

When?

Comment

Oh no, it wasn’t just you. It was down for about 2-3 hours for me. I was on the phone with 911 when it finally came back online.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't know what to do with myself, and then Steam went down too... so then I was forced to start my taxes... horrid stuff

It was down from maybe 3:00 to just now..6:45..for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1DF905CD-39D5-4133-8EB5-3A83FD7E0406.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1356710

Click image for larger version

Name:	37A1C6A6-68D5-4E35-ABF2-1BA950D659FE.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1356711

Comment

I wasn't able to load it for a while either. The isitdown site showed it up though.

Comment

Yeah, something is quite funky cause I have notifications that don't show up when I click on them right now.

Comment

The time stamps are screwed up for me on this thread. I’m in New Orleans for a couple of days. The time here is now 7:30, which should show as 8:30 for me because I run in the pit on Eastern time. The stuff above me shows after 9 pm. I’m very confused. Maybe because I got up at 4 am to go the airport?

Comment

• hoovarmin
              hoovarmin commented
              Editing a comment
              You must be on Bourbon Street

It's been hit or miss here...

Comment

I don't know how long it was down, but I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                I was THIS close to passing out! 🙄

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, it was very similar to what happens when I can't find my can of Copenhagen.

• Allon
                Allon commented
                Editing a comment
                Or my peace pipe...

Yep, it was for hours!

Comment

• Allon
                Allon commented
                Editing a comment
                Not over yet...

Dang it… I’m always late cashing in on things like this…
              I had applied for a domain name… and everything…
              bbqwithdrawalsupportclub.com was my first pick…
              we were going to have t-shirts, caps, coffee mugs, aprons and shot glasses with our names!
              Then it came back…

Comment

• WayneT
                WayneT commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL. I would gladly have joined that group!

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ll be treasurer!

I noticed this, too. I was able to get in, but it took 3 or more attempts each time.

Comment

Wierd, I was on the Pit several times during the alleged outage...

At least one person also mentioned Steam being affected. To me this sounds more like an Internet disruption somewhere in the US of A that caused some traffic routing issues for some folks, but not others. I've had times when an outage somewhere blocked me from reaching a web server, but my coworkers in Orlando could reach the same server just fine due to different ISP's and different paths through the Internet to reach the same destination.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, aren’t you special….
                  😂

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Panhead John come on - you know you are the special one. We ALL know that you are "special". In so many ways...

I seemed to be fine. Maybe I am special!! lol

Comment

Sun spots…..I had a ribeye out thawing and it’s now medium rare

so while y’all were going through withdrawals, I was enjoying a steak!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here