Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep getting logged out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep getting logged out.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WKWSZjN.png
Views:	220
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1296864

That happened to me on another forum. When I looked into it it turned out not only was I not a member anymore, I was also banned for eternity! 😁😎

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, seems like my membership is active but perhaps I was banned? 😁

Your still listed as a Club Member and not a Banned Former Member, maybe you're on probation?
    Last edited by Davek8282; September 20, 2022, 01:12 PM. Reason: grammar error don't want panhead John all over me

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I probably should be...

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Davek8282 I hate to say this, but it should be "You’re still listed…….."

It happened to me once after the upgrade but hasn't happened since. I did restart the computer shortly after it happened (but not because of it happening).

Comment

It happened to me a few times but it hasn't happened again since I made this thread.

Comment

Maybe the system is trying to tell you something....

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you saying I post too much? 🤔

• tstalafuse
          tstalafuse commented
          Editing a comment
          @attjack.. Just being my normal smartass self.. I wish I could say it was it wasn't something I practice in the mirror, but it is...

I think your doggie wants a new avatar! 😂

Comment

It happens on my iPhone but not my iPad.

Comment

I had the same issue while testing. I cleared cookies and cache and that seemed to fix it. I am not certain. Let me know if this continues to be an issue. I am still working to make sure it is fixed.

When I accessed the site today, I was still logged in. And I power off my laptop every day.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              I was logged out multiple time while trying to type a post. Then again a little later. That was on my PC. When I accessed the site just now on Android I was logged out. Hopefully the glitch is ironed out now.

BTW, on a different topic why do I have to type 3 characters when I'm posting a pic? Do you have any control over that?

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              There is a minimum required characters for any post. Currently set to 3.

Media does not count. The rational is so that you cannot post blank posts. Or just post an image with no explanation as to what the image is or why you posted it.

I do not agree with the rational. I will see if I can allow images without the minimum characters restriction.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Often times a picture will all you need so it would be cool not to have to post 3 characters with it.

I have to ask - do you click on the "Remember me" option when you log in?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AR Login.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1297055

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for that. I forgot to mention it. It should be checked/enabled by default.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, this is a glitch that started after the update.

I have this happen on occasion as well. Sometimes it happens while I'm creating a post. I get a 'this wasn't saved' notice, and sure enoguh upon a refresh it shows me logged out somehow (I've learned to copy & paste the text of the post I was working on before the refresh). Before and after the update. I just click login and then re-log in, and all is well and I don't even work up a sweat!

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              I will see if I can figure out what is causing this.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here