Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new Pitmaster Club member over 37 days ---> Where's free stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new Pitmaster Club member over 37 days ---> Where's free stuff?

New member just want to say "HELLO" to the administrators & moderators. Y'all have a great day. Great site glad to be a Pitmaster Club member.
    Last edited by wag; August 11, 2022, 05:57 PM.

Hate to tell ya this, I paid for my hat.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, you might wanna check into a refund.

šŸ˜‚

• RiverJeff
      RiverJeff commented
      Editing a comment
      @smokenood
      May I add what a fine hat it is also!

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha this is the first time I looked close enough to see your hat for real!! šŸ˜†

Huskee

Comment

Contact Amazing Ribs and explain your situation. A letter from Philadelphia to here just took 12 days. My last two Amazon orders made it to our local post office, then stated out for delivery. The 4 mile ride from the post office to here, they got lost. Ooops Something Happened.

Comment

Hello

Comment

HELLO back wag, we hear you loud & clear. Thanks for joining up! We're happy to have you here.

In that email you received are some key points that maybe you missed (we know, it's a big email). The free Temperature Guide magnets are sent out in batches, and we ask that if you're in the USA that you please allow up to 45 days, and outside of the US to please allow 60 days. At 37 days you're surely getting close, I bet that mailman has something heading your way soon! In the event it doesn't make it to you (it happens with the mail sometimes as I'm sure you already know) just kick me a note at huskee(at)amazingribs.com.

Also, we do not send out any emails besides the Welcome! email when you join, your 3 week renewal reminder (the reminder of your upcming yearly renewal 3 weeks prior to your renewal date), and any error there may be with your payment. Then there's our newsletters, but they come from a newsletter system. "HOT From The Pit!" is the monthly members-only newsletter sent out toward the end of each month. I show the last one (July) did come to you and you did open it.

The 'where's my magnet?' topic is discussed on our Help section- it's the very first (far left in on a desktop) menu item in the main red menu bar. Take a peek through there, there's lots of FAQs and tips in there. The Help section is also discussed in the Welcome! email you received.

Please let me know if you have more questions, and again, welcome!

Comment

• wag
            wag commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks
            Last edited by wag; August 11, 2022, 06:14 PM.

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            wag If I didnā€™t say it earlier, welcome to the Pit. Iā€™m sure Huskee and other admins will take care of any missing tangibles you are due. Iā€™ve found, however, the educational and experiential benefits of membership far, far outweigh any of the tangibles you will receive. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks posted.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            RiverJeff Your renewal won't show up until August 23. If your card is current, has an available balance, and you haven't cancelled, then you will renew automatically! Ć¢Å“ā€ĆÆĀøĀ

Took a long time for our AR fridge magnet to show up too

now on the fridge, we are surprised how often we refer to it.

Comment

I didnā€™t join for the magnet myself, I joined only to antagonize the moderators and for a chance at the monthly prizes. So far Iā€™m batting 500.
            Last edited by Panhead John; August 10, 2022, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Oak Smoke I wouldnā€™t get too excited about that though, ME making yā€™all look better is a pretty low bar.

• Bogy
              Bogy commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John I thought you joined in order to give away Broncos? To those who don't win the monthly drawing.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Bogy If was wealthy I darn sure would! [stay tuned]

My deep, dark secret: I actually got sent TWO fridge magnets after joining, a month apart. I guess I was on the ragged edge of one month to another and got included in both. One is on our second fridge out in the laundry room, and the other on the chestie in the garage. No way I'm giving one back.

Comment

• WayneT
              WayneT commented
              Editing a comment
              Thereā€™s a bean counter somewhere pulling out his/her hair.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              If we have to close our virtual doors we will blame you!!

• ssennott
              ssennott commented
              Editing a comment
              Wag must have donated his to you ahead of time

I think I'd suggest a beer and a stogie and maybe relax a bit. No one's trying to shortchange anybody, and from the tone I've seen so far, you seem a bit irritated.

Sorry if you don't like it here. I surely do.

Comment

• RiverJeff
              RiverJeff commented
              Editing a comment
              @DogFacedPonySoildier
              Well said!

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              +1

Still waiting for my free CBD cream to help with joint pain from having to click on the Like button so much....

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
              ?..I joined only to antagonize the moderatorsā€¦
              And other unmentioned nefarious purposes.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                You didnā€™t mention the monthly drawings. Thatā€™s the only other reason Iā€™m here. If I ever win anything, then Iā€™m outta here!

[insert joke of your choice here]

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee I know there are ethics regarding the drawing... but I'm just saying, a simple oversight here could result in the Pit being a quite different place

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                ItsAllGoneToTheDogs Yeah we are bound by the US legal system with our drawing, it's all official and handled by an agency that we pay to do it for us...there's no possibility for me to fudge the process or the rules, not that I would anyway. I do hope everytime that I will see a name I recognize, because that's always a lot of fun! It's happened a few times. It will again.

Clint Cantwell, our VP, informed me that he recently received a whole load of the magnet shipments back from the post office since stamps had gone up in the interim. So he had to pay an extra increase then re-send them again. wag your could have been one of them. But again, you're still within the 45 days anyway. On a side note, I guess he didn't buy Forever stamps, tisk tisk Clint. Another side note- RonB doesn't it cost the post office the same to send them back as it would have to just send them on? I get it though, the price is the price.

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it does, but the thought is that if they didn't send 'em back that everyone would ignore price increases. And whoever is in charge of sending them out should be buying forever stamps.
                Last edited by RonB; August 11, 2022, 09:01 AM.

I think the best "free" or included in your payment stuff are the PDFs available for download for the upcoming book. Those are worth the yearly fee. Lots of good info in there to read.

Comment

Yep, as Huskee mentioned, I had over 100 envelopes returned by the post office because they increased postage on them from $2 each to $2.40 and sent them back from the sorting center instead of grandfathering them in. We ordered 40 cent stamps that got delivered Tuesday and my kids put them all on and dropped the envelopes off yesterday.

I wish I could have thrown a sticker or something extra in each one but that would have meant ripping them open then new envelopes, labels, and another $2.40 in postage. If you want to shoot me a private message I can also drop a sticker in the mail to make up for the delay.

Comment

• RiverJeff
                  RiverJeff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a lot of stickers!!
                  Last edited by RiverJeff; August 11, 2022, 10:50 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here